Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to build my first kit

Looking to build my first kit

Hello all respected (genuine ;-) ) builders - I am aspiring to build my first Kit.

Something which can be completed with a couple of days of work, an easy build for my mexican mechanic to build or a turnkey - even though the economy is bad - I can get the dough $$$$ ;-)
    I will not overpay though - You get paid for the work you do ... Thanks.
    I am only looking at the latest models such as Murcielago, Gallardo ( is old now ),F430, Enzo ( Is Timeless )
    Aston Martin Vanquish ( Another Timeless ) and the car should be fast yet economical (Turbo - Toyota V6s, custom engines, bike engines ).
    I do not like the old 360s, Diablos etc.

Since I am in America, some one local will be better than for e.g. across the pond.....

Re: Looking to build my first kit

Quote Originally Posted by TECHGEEK
    Something which can be completed with a couple of days of work, an easy build for my mexican mechanic to build or a turnkey
    Unless you buy a turnkey or almost a turnkey you wont complete a kit in a couple of days. I suggest you look into the builds area to see a little more of whats involved if you didnt do it already. Some people spend more then 2 years between doing some of the work themselves,farming out some, ordering parts and a lot of time researching. look on e bay.......lots of possibilities there!!!!
    Greenmeansgo has a murci roadster kit for sale you might want to consider it if your willing to wait on compleating it.

You have lots of homework to do. I suggest you hang on to your money until you finish, lest it be scammed away from you.

The lambo kits are the most elaborate kits to build, a couple years is a better time estimate than a couple days.

Also, the newer cars are not being built, at least not commercially, for fear of cease and desist lawsuits from Audi (Lamborghini) or Ferrari. Only the slightly older models are being released, for example, The AD360 -Ferrari 360 replica was only released this summer. If the newer models are available, it would be an underground market or somewhere off the beaten path.

Honestly, I think the best models for a short build are from across the pond. The DNA 360 (and upcoming 430), or the Dave Jones 360 would be fairly quick builds.

I've seen this site also, it's in the states, but I know nothing about them or their reputation:
    http://mr360kit.com/

hello... I remember back when it was my first kit... My recommendation to you is to do your homework and figure out what kind of car are you looking for. The newer styles will usually bring in the highest dollars that may or may not be an issue as you did not state your budget. I have not seen a kit that could be built in several weeks never mind days and that would be by an experienced builder. Your best bet would be to watch to forums, watch ebay and ask around for a mostly finished kit. Once you find one, go see it in person with someone that has a clue how these things are built. As with anything there is a right way and a hacked way. Good luck with your search!

I have an exact gallardo kit for sale, they said it will be possible to do the build in a weekend, check out the website. the companies main aim is for a quick and easy build, which sounds like exactly what you're after! only problem is the kit wont be ready for a few months yet..

below is the link to my thread, check it out.

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-...-kit-for-sale/

Quote Originally Posted by TECHGEEK
    Hello all respected (genuine ;-) ) builders - I am aspiring to build my first Kit.

Something which can be completed with a couple of days of work, an easy build for my mexican mechanic to build or a turnkey - even though the economy is bad - I can get the dough $$$$ ;-)
    I will not overpay though - You get paid for the work you do ... Thanks.
    I am only looking at the latest models such as Murcielago, Gallardo ( is old now ),F430, Enzo ( Is Timeless )
    Aston Martin Vanquish ( Another Timeless ) and the car should be fast yet economical (Turbo - Toyota V6s, custom engines, bike engines ).
    I do not like the old 360s, Diablos etc.

Since I am in America, some one local will be better than for e.g. across the pond.....
    While I enjoy your enthusiam I don't believe your expectations are realistic. I am assuming you plan to buy an ALMOST completed kit. One that needs a couple of days work to complete. The problem is simple...if someone has one that close they would be a fool not to just go ahead and complete it before selling. Alot more profit that way.

That being said with things the way they are you never know what you may run across so my best wishes go with you.

Probably you will end up with one in the beginning or middle stages. Perhaps if you had a TEAM of experienced replica builders a few days would be possible in that senario. A kit car version of monster garage comes to mind. I replica is not like many other cars, it's not that you are customizing an existing car, you are literally changing almost everything from the tires up.

Otherwise I would think that a kit of a Mercy, Gallardo, F430 built in a handful of days would not be car you would want to own. Do more research and re-evaluate what you think is a resonable goal.

Good luck

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Whatever you do, stay away from Supereplicas or anybody who cannot show you a finished product. I would go and physically examine what I will buy. Stay away from promises to deliver. If they have the kit on site and you have the cash, do it. Otherwise you will loose your money 99 out of 100 times. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kitcar bud
    Whatever you do, stay away from Supereplicas or anybody who cannot show you a finished product. I would go and physically examine what I will buy. Stay away from promises to deliver. If they have the kit on site and you have the cash, do it. Otherwise you will loose your money 99 out of 100 times. Good luck!
    True! Have heard a lot of things about them ..... I am looking to pay cash to some one who can give me a decently fast and safe car which looks like the real deal. After all, the economy is bad and it is a buyer's market.
    I have a little engineering knowledge, so people should not consider me a reneged nincompoop. I know exactly how much a car is worth upon seeing it and definitely will not overpay it.
    And I think I can complete a soft - build car in a couple of days ( weekend ) like the Gallardo being built here or some one that I know does Astons for Jags - Couple of years - Yes, if you skip days of building all together and work an average of 5 minutes everyday =)

Quote Originally Posted by dazm1050
    I have an exact gallardo kit for sale, they said it will be possible to do the build in a weekend, check out the website. the companies main aim is for a quick and easy build, which sounds like exactly what you're after! only problem is the kit wont be ready for a few months yet..

below is the link to my thread, check it out.

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-...-kit-for-sale/
    A weekend as in how many hours and what all work do I have to do ?
    I am interested!

( P.S. Everyone, as I said it is possible to complete some kits in a couple of days, just not the Hard Ones )

can you please tell us the kits that can be completed in a couple of days.we would all like to see them.links please