Thread: Advice Please:Selling Kit cars/VWBeetle based kit cars in Europe

Advice Please:Selling Kit cars/VWBeetle based kit cars in Europe

Hi All, Can anyone out there help me please.. Does anyone know what the score is with selling Kit cars in Europe? I am looking at designing a new kit but I don't know what to base it on? The previous ones I have done have been based on the original VW Beetle because you can get a donor quite easily and the parts available are immense!! However I am looking at doing something which is based on a newer parts and I don't know what the ins and outs are involved as far as selling it in a different country? As I'm in England, Europe is the easiest place at the moment eventually going to the States.. Big Idea I know but you have to think big!! With a bug based kit you have the V5 documentation which you can use but with an all new chassis and donor parts do I have to get Sva'd before I can sell it abroad? It's a bit of a minefield for me at the moment but any help would be greatly appreciated, a case of Stella too if it's good!!! Many thanks, looking forard to hearing from anyone in the know...

Re: Advice Please:Selling Kit cars/VWBeetle based kit cars in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybegood
    Hi All, Can anyone out there help me please.. Does anyone know what the score is with selling Kit cars in Europe? I am looking at designing a new kit but I don't know what to base it on? The previous ones I have done have been based on the original VW Beetle because you can get a donor quite easily and the parts available are immense!! However I am looking at doing something which is based on a newer parts and I don't know what the ins and outs are involved as far as selling it in a different country? As I'm in England, Europe is the easiest place at the moment eventually going to the States.. Big Idea I know but you have to think big!! With a bug based kit you have the V5 documentation which you can use but with an all new chassis and donor parts do I have to get Sva'd before I can sell it abroad? It's a bit of a minefield for me at the moment but any help would be greatly appreciated, a case of Stella too if it's good!!! Many thanks, looking forard to hearing from anyone in the know...
    Welcome! Let's see what kind of kitcar you want to build.. if it will be a suitable design for VW chassis.