Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: IMPORTANT: The Kit Cars Forum name will be changing soon!

Re: IMPORTANT: The Kit Cars Forum name will be changing soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jntramey
    Quote Originally Posted by AdminAri
    I do understand where people are coming from regarding the logo, and hence will work towards the creation of a different logo which emphasizes the "crazy for building a car from scratch" element of kit car building, rather than the "crazy old science professor" element
    I believe therein lies the source of contention.
    Considering 99.999% of people buy cars "off the lot", there is no argument that kit car builders are outliers - mathematically, the overwhelming majority of people are not kit car builders. Being an outlier isn't necessarily a bad thing - the richest people in the world are outliers, as are the heart surgeons, nobel prize winners, etc...

Regardless of what adjective we use to describe ourselves - brilliant, creative, inventive, or insane, the fact remains that kit car builders are not like others. I believe it is even advantageous to take a name which is light hearted - as it shows that we know how to laugh at ourselves, and also provides a disincentive for flamers to join the conversation, as we openly recognize that some people think we're crazy, and hence you coming to tell us we're crazy frankly doesn't mean very much.

Regarding Vicious' offer for logo design help, that would be appreciated - the "coat of arms" suggested earlier was interesting, as it does have this majestic feel to it. Again, we definitely need to stay away from any trademarks and such.

I'll start up a new thread so people can contribute their thoughts/ideas, and sketches can be produced.

I HAVE DESIGNED LOGO'S FOR MANY COMPANIES FROM CNC MACHINE SHOPS, CUSTOM CHOPPER SHOPS, TEAM LOGO'S, TRUCKING COMPANIES, AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR SHOPS AND MORE LOL

SO JUST GIVE ME A DIRECTION TO RUN IN AND I WILL....

I WAS THINKING OF A SIDE PROFILE OF AN EXOTIC CAR, BUT ONLY A FEW LINES ALONG WITH OF COURSE A WRENCH OR SOMETHING,

REMEMBER I CAN ALSO MAKE DECALS AND T SHIRTS LOL IF PPL WANT THEM OF THE LOGO

ok so the logo is changing, great. but what about the name? seems like Ari completely dismissed any chance of changing it! can we set up a vote of who wants it changed?

I think viciouscrx is on to something here. I say let him have a stab at it (I like the idea of the silhouette car, but not the wrench). Make it something classy yet simple. The stickers and T-shirts is a GREAT idea, and are a way for the forum owners to offset the cost of the website through donations for them.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by dazm1050
    ok so the logo is changing, great. but what about the name? seems like Ari completely dismissed any chance of changing it! can we set up a vote of who wants it changed?
    This forum belongs to Ari it is his right to do with as he pleases. I just hope he sells or gives up the kitcars Domain so we start a kit car forum and let this one move into the outer spaces of the net. I would love to see a new forum set up and running like this forum was a few years ago. I did some searching last night for some new forums that are for kit car builders. I looked for the one Extreme started but it did not show up on a search. Someone help I need a new forum that is dedicated to kit cars
    www.kikkerbikes.com

true, but as it seems almost all the users are against the name change, surely he should listen to us?

if nothing is changed we could just set up a new forum for all of the dedicated members from here. maybe then we can have some unbiased mods that are actually on the forum a bit more often.. no offense!

as for the extreme forum, its here, but not that great to be honest:

www.extremeoc.co.uk

"Hand built super cars & replicas" would describe us without saying "kit cars", but I think all of us probably would have found this site first under kit car. Yes kit car doesn't impress people and does have a negative connotation, but I don't think anyone here would change their goals because of someone elses misconceptions or values. I believe that just by the very nature of our goals here we are individualists first.

I think it is about the name in question. If it had either kit car or replica in the name you wouldnt mind it but, Madmechanics? Technically, most arent true mechanics on here. We learn from each other but, that doesnt make fabricator a mechanic or a mechanic a fabricator. And if you think about the work on here I believe its more geared towards fabricating parts,bodies and trying to make things fit when they don't. On top of it its not a website but, a forum. I feel we should have more of a website here. Maybe some pages that are build related and how to.