Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exotic Cars with Custom Interiors

Exotic Cars with Custom Interiors

let me ask you fella and ladies a question would you be me likely to buy a kitcar that was to exact specifications to the real thing or would you rather a flashy custom interior of carbon fiber, and etched metal?? i have been debateing this for some time im looking to get into the biz but i dont want to end up dissapointed let me know

KitMan...
    There may be many kit men but there is only one KitMan except no subustutions

Re:Exotic Cars with Custom Interiors

It all depends on how much you want to spend,and who you want to impress.

im not talking about me im talking about people who buy turnkey kits would they be more likely to buy with or without custom interiors...

In building my 25th anniversary, I'm trying to get/keep an OEM look. I love carbon fiber and etched steel. But I'm trying to keep it period correct. That's just me. I've seen plenty of flashy interiors. There may be somewhat of a market for you. Especially if you made things that could be used in more than one style of car.

yeah thats what i was thinking because even though it is not absolutely correct whos to say that you didnt shell out a couple thousand more to make your exotic even more exotic thanks for the imput...

I personally would prefer a custom interior but think most people would prefer the "correct" interior.
    If it didn't cost too much and it would fit a stock Fiero, I think there is a market there. Everyone wants a custom interior in their Fiero. Right now several people are installing late model Camaro interiors in their cars. That is what I would be doing if I wasn't going to build a Diablo.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

yeah so would i, i mean if you going to put the time into makeing the car you might as well spruce up your interior and not settle for some thing from the 80's i think that is a major turn off for some kit buyers and lets be honest will a hot chick really know the diff :-D

I just got rid of a shallow, worldly, gold digger. I don't really want my car attracting another one........well, ok, maybe just for the evening. I hope my 80's style interior doesn't blow my chances!haha

lol it just might but you got to think about it like this shes riding in a 300,000 car you have already put enough money into the relationship its her turn to fut the bill for a wile until her contrbution equals yours lol pimpology

If I were to build an exotic italian, i would like the interior to look like an exotic italian but it's not important to me that it looks exactly like the original.. period and type of car correct is enough for me... I for one, wouldn't necessarily put ferrari decals on a ferrari replica simply because it is NOT a ferrari... but if I like the look of the car and can't afford the original, an interesting replica would make my day!!

Larry