Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lambo wiper arm

lambo wiper arm

Remember a while back I said I am using a wiper arm from a R.V. (dual arm ect..) Well my brother was in town today and he has a nice one that would work on our cars. It's from a 1997 Honda Odessy...the passenger side. I couldn't get a picture but it would be worth to call honda or check a junkyard. It does accomodate only one large blade in stock configuration.
    Lambobro

Re:lambo wiper arm

Man anything would be better than nearly $300 for a wiper arm! I'll have to look into this one. Why a 97? Why only the passenger side? I'm guessing you took measurements and are going to use it on yours? While we're on the subject, I need to get the measurements of the plate that IFG uses for the wiper motor bracket. I will make my own for less than the $60 that IFG wants for it. If no one responds here, then I will post a new topic in the future. Thanks for always looking to share a way to save a few bucks! 8)

im sure youv'e seen this site but they rock

http://www.car-part.com

they go as low as $25 for the wiper motor assembly for the oddesy.
    anyone know where to sell a bodypart?

??? See, yet once again someone comes through with info, even though they assumed we all knew about this site! Don't be shy,,,,,,,keep sharing! I don't know how this site past me by, but I had not been to it before. I will be in the future though. Have you done business through it before? 8)

No, I'm not going to use the odessy because I have the R.V. onr that will work great.But for alot of guys it would probably be easier to go to the junkyard or order online. The passenger side was the only one with the twin arm setup. Could be with other years of odessy but I dont know....just know the bros got a 97.
    I can measure the wiper motor bracket if you like. Basically it's just a plate that will accomodate the three wiper motor studs with a whole in the middle for the motor arm to go thru...then just mount it.
    Lambobro

LarryBud, My wiper motor plate is 10in wide, 8in. tall. I made it from 10 gauge steel. This gives you enough room to mount the hood latch at the top.

kitcarnut

you can use Fiero motor,cut the transmision rod in half. Make sure the motor is in park position. turn the motor flat so it's crank on top of it. I made bracket out of 2 angleline. and mouted on rh side under the hood close to where ac relays are.make sure you can service anything around there. now take your pivot ( I used one out off Saturn) mount it on left side then take both transmision rods together mark it ,cut and weld .
    some wiper arms have different pivot size, sound easy but it is.

Spoon,,,,thank you for the measurements! ;D How far out does it stick from the firewall for the latch to work?...........Kitcarnut,,,::::Huh? ???

LarryBud, I mounted the plate flush with the ridge wear your weather stripping attaches. I used 3/4in. angle iron with countersunk screws through the fiberglass. The glass is quite thick here. I also used 1/2in. sq. tube from the bottom of the plate to a 1in. sq. tube that I installed from side to side to support the plastic spare tire tub. Hope that makes sense. I'm working on getting my pic's on my computer.

This is how I set up my wiper arm, It is a RV arm / assembly that Kitcarnut gave me, Thanks again. I have the fiero motor mounted with the shaft on top, You can see it in the pic just under the latch assembly. I just need to make the rod to attach the motor to the pivot. I will also be adding the second smaller wiper blade aswell.