Thread: wide track suspension

wide track suspension

I have heard about some problems (untapped holes, missing parts ect) using the Held motorsports suspensions. I personally think that they are just rumors but want to get everyones feed back that has actually bought from Held. I am planning on purchasing the widetrack set up as soon as I sell me 87 vette but figured I would ask your opinons first. I also know of a company called RCC specialty products that also make a wide track set up. Which one is better??

Re:wide track suspension

My opinion would not be selling my corvette to buy a suspension mod for my kit.

We use the Held kits on the cars we build. We have had no problems with the kits we've gotten from them in either the suspension or brake packages. We have used the widetrack for both the 88 and other models and have used their 13" and 12" brake packages. You get a complete kit which means you don't have to buy and parts to install the kits(unless you want new balljoints which I suggest).
    www.exoticglass1.com

I purchased a complete slalom front suspension and anti bum-steer for the rear, 12 in Wilwood brakes, sway bars, different shock springs and I have never had one part that was missing or did not fit the car. Dave is very responsive to you and I believe he has very good customer services and high quality. I had to exchange some stuff once and he sent it out before I returned the original parts I ordered by mistake.

How much do you want for the vette?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Thanks guys, Ievery time I emailed Dave with questions, I would always get a reply within a day or so. I had a feeling that it was just rumors I was hearing but it is always good to just check anyways.

I am asking $8500.00 for it but will take $8000.00. It has rebuild alum. heads, new throttle body (GM), almost all of the sensors have been replaced, new clutch/pressure plate, brake shoes, rotors and emergency brake shoes, complete new interior including the digital dash rebuilt and im sure I have other new parts that I forgot. if your intersted let me know and I will either post or send you some photos. I bought it before I started the kit and all it is doing is sitting now.