Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIDICULOUS BUYERS, I KNOW OTHER SELLERS CAN RELATE

RIDICULOUS BUYERS, I KNOW OTHER SELLERS CAN RELATE

Hey guys, I just wanted to take the time to give you some funny and waste of my time experiences with potential buyers. I am sure others that have sold their cars will be able to relate. First of all I had a 17 year old kid emailing me like 10 times a day literally, and last monday he finally came to look at the car. I looked at him and laughed, I told him that unless i see some proof of income or CASH, He would not be able to see the car (what a waste of time), secondly, I keep getting offers on my car like 35-40 and even a 45K offer, without these people even coming to look at the car. After their offers You never hear from them again. And last wenesday Some guy who claimed he was a big time INVESTOR and tha his company is worth millions came to check out the car, his jaw dropped of course, but he comes rolling in this BRIGHT yellow 86 VW Rabbit. This guy was a straight LOOKER, I knew from the moment he got down that he had no real funds. (MIke from Pasadena NO OFFENSE BUDDY, your a nice guy). I keep telling these people why would you want to park a Ferrari in your apartment complex..... Lucky for me, I found 2 really serious buyers and now that I have the option to sell the car I am still deciding wether I will sell my car or not.
    But I knew to expect these type of cheesy buyers (and theres alot more that i didnt tell), however I went through with these things when i sold my 355 and I expected it this time around as well.

Re:RIDICULOUS BUYERS, I KNOW OTHER SELLERS CAN RELATE

I know the feeling exactly. I am trying to sell my racecar and I get the exact same people that you described. I am sorry but I will be blunt, I am tired of these tire kickers!

Guys, it is not just people looking for entire cars, but people who want to get one of your left over, hard to find, expensive parts. Yep, they would like to have it, but you rarely see the cash or they want you pay you just a fraction of what your asking even though you may have a very good price on a part just to get it out of your garage so you wife will be happier. Cause we who are married know that if momma isn't happy, there will be no one happy!
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

8) You haven't lived till you are standing over a garage workbench,,,,,,,counting stacks of 5's, 10's and 20's out of a paper bag with three vietnamese "guys" standing behind you "talking"! Felt like a scene right out of Miami Vice! (editors note: that was a TV show for those of you under 25 years old) More to the story,,,,,,,,I won't bore you with it. ;D

I've found that the people that call and state upfront that they have a lot of money and so on are the ones who don't have enough to buy just the rims and tires. The people that we've built or are building for seemed a lot different in the way they asked questions and so on. I quess in this business you have to put up with a lot of it.
    www.exoticglass1.com

The sacks of money thing would get to me. I do remember Miami Vice and I do live in Florida (Tampa, so I guess we would have a cigar going as well). That is how I got hooked on Kit Cars and Cigars. How about the "send me a photo" people?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hey 360

Is the wheelbase stock mr2 on your car?

Attack Roadster, F355 Spyder, F512TR Coupe &amp; Diablo Roadster<br /><br />If only money grew on freaking trees!!!

no he had the wheel base strecthed

Where can I buy a wheel base stretcher?

I mean that he got the frame stretched in order to fit the wheel base.