Anyone see this nice replica on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...item53dda2173a

Re: Nice Mercy replica on ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by lovef501
    Roflmao!

WTF!.

The Lambo (G40) is from Steve's (Triangle-G) brother Johnny. In the pic of it next to the Porsche, you can Steve at the door of the Porsche. The pic of the car in the alley next to the BMW replica was taken behind Johnnys house, and belongs to Johnny also. I've seen both cars in person, they aren't worth the money. Typical Triangle-G construction on the Lambo (NOTHING works), built for show.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Thanks Merci

it looked pretty good, but i've seen your work,(at least pics of it) and i will take your word on it.
    haha

HEY... I didn't see that car at the 2009 Knotts Show :-X

Actually... the photo's look good. "From the photos" this looks like a pretty good car from Steve.

If I didn't know what I should be looking for this car would fool most people... however...M.M. is right...
    Steve has a reputuation for putting together cars that look good from afar but far from good. I've seen his cars where many of what what you expect to be basic and functional was never done... such as A/C and vents... but who cares... this is an open air car Bat wings are solid (don't work), No door windows, Steering wheel was not chopped, Interior does not look OEM, the list goes on and on... for the picky person that wants close to OEM... this is not the car for you... for the person that doesn't care... make a bid. Just know this, there is a chance that the donor Fieo was not the best one he could find to use but the cheapest one and as mentioned in previous threads... you run the risk of many mechanical headaches.

I know, I know... some of you may think we're bashing this car... not the case... we are just giving you our opinion based on what we have seen and what we know about Steve's builds. If I was buying a "turn-key" I would want to know what was put into the build BEFORE I bought it... I think most others would too. We are trying to be advocates because most people see photos and go "GA-GA" over them, make an emotional decision, purchases the car and when the car gets delivered and they take it for a drive... "sometimes" they end up in an episode of Nightmare on Elm Street... wasn't quite what they were expecting it to be :-[.

For $25k... It may be a good buy...but more than likely he wants $50K+

MURCenary

did he make the blue aston martin replica on the xk8 chassis too? Anyone seen that one in person he tries to sell it to me for$35k but carkitinc.com says it can be done a lot cheaper

The Aston Martin rep is o.k., The one I saw was built well. An important thing to remember,----Carkit is in the business of selling kits. They will say whatever they can to sell kits. When I started my build, Steve told me it would cost no more than 25K, start to finish. He told me this so I would buy his kit! I didn't know any better at the time, so I plopped down my money and bought the kit. 44K later (and I've done all the labor), my car is done. Steve and Johnny usually invest no more than 15K in their builds. They do all the work, so they save alot of costs there. Knowing that, can you imagine how the car looks under all that pretty paint and vinal upholstery? It needs to be repeated as often as possible,-"you get what you pay for".
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    The Aston Martin rep is o.k., The one I saw was built well. An important thing to remember,----Carkit is in the business of selling kits. They will say whatever they can to sell kits. When I started my build, Steve told me it would cost no more than 25K, start to finish. He told me this so I would buy his kit! I didn't know any better at the time, so I plopped down my money and bought the kit. 44K later (and I've done all the labor), my car is done. Steve and Johnny usually invest no more than 15K in their builds. They do all the work, so they save alot of costs there. Knowing that, can you imagine how the car looks under all that pretty paint and vinal upholstery? It needs to be repeated as often as possible,-"you get what you pay for".
    The interior of the xk8 is untouched so I dont think there is cheap vinyl in there...

The Ashmart kit simply looks like a reskin of the outer panels of a xk8 as opposed to "built from scratch" kitcars like a Murci....I am surprised no one on this forum has bought one??