Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you still get the Ferrari stinger kit?

Can you still get the Ferrari stinger kit?

I'm new to the site and have tried to find info on the Ferrari 308 Stinger kit by Luc Chartrand. Any one have information on it? Anyone know someone with the car? I'd greatly appreciate any help.

By the way - great site!

Dave

Re: Can you still get the Ferrari stinger kit?

The molds were susposed to still be floating around Canada.. There was another company that had them and was selling kits, but they have been gone for a few years now.. I love the stinger body..

There is a furum member that has a very rare stinger spider for sale.. Look at the 1st car he had listed on ebay..
    http://www.madmechanics.com/the-mall...s-for-sale-!!/

Thanks for the info Mr. Ferrari. I've looked at a lot of kits and I think the majority of them come from the Mera, which is fine but the Stinger is almost identical. The Stinger, I believe is the best kit out there. But is it still out there?
    And thanks for the link. I have seen that spyder Stinger on Ebay and Kiijii but would you be able to add a hard top or T-top?

Quote Originally Posted by baggs
    Thanks for the info Mr. Ferrari. I've looked at a lot of kits and I think the majority of them come from the Mera, which is fine but the Stinger is almost identical. The Stinger, I believe is the best kit out there. But is it still out there?
    And thanks for the link. I have seen that spyder Stinger on Ebay and Kiijii but would you be able to add a hard top or T-top?
    but..why would you do it? You get a decent genuine 308 GTB or GTS for around $25k now...just pull the engine and throw something else in there..and the you have a real Ferrari without the maintenance costs...

Swapping the engine on a 308... does that in the end make all the repairs, maintenance a lot more affordable (no more lifting the engine out for a simple oil change)?

Baggs;

The fellow that still has the original molds is out just south of Montreal. He had a website called wattair.ca as his normal business is HVAC but he still produced the panels as of a couple years ago. His web site is no longer accessible but maybe doing a web search for Stinger kit might find a back hole somewhere withy his contactinfo still around.

I talked to him a couple years ago and a fellow member LarryG went and saw his setup about the same time. I haven't been able to find his contact info as I was looking for it a while back.

If you can get in touch with LarryG on the firum here,. he might still have the contact info.

Sorry I couldn't be of more use.

Good luck and if you do get the info, please post here as I know others will be interested.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Thanks Don, it's a lead. I'll keep you posted

Baggs;

I was thinking I was sure I had the number of the fellow so I just went through our old archives and found the original thread from 2007 that had some contact info in it.

You can try that and maybe if the number is changed, you can search the company name now that you have the old address.

Good luck
    Don

http://www.madmechanics.com/the-mall...till-for-sale/
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Don,

I read through the old link and found the name of the guy and his last location (Drummondville) and even what I think was a pic of a molding but that's it. Unfortunately, his company's (wattair) doesn't seem to exist anymore. I checked the Quebec 411 and there is no listing for it.

Another member replied to an email of mine with this:

Hi baggs, from what I knew at the time, Pigeon was the one left with the molds. They changed hands few times before ending up there. The original guy who made the Stinger was Luc Chartrand. He may know where they are now. Here's Luc and Pigeon websites. You can also try this guy (Trempe). He was molding cobras for Pigeon at the time, maybe he still does. If so, he might be the one molding the stingers. He also owed 355 molds way back then. Unfortunately I don't know any other info or where the molds are for sure.

This could have been before you guys found Mario and the molds. I also sent LarryG an email but still haven't heard anything yet. If he doesn't have Mario's info this could be the end of the road.

By the way do you remember Mario's last name? That could help.

Thanks again Don,

baggs

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    Actually, Luc didn't call it the Stinger. It was Fiero Conversion of Ontario who decided on that name. They tried to sell that kit around 1991-1992.

Luc also made a one-off convertible version for his sister back then.
    You might find some usefull info in this thread I started a few years ago on the "Stinger"
    http://www.madmechanics.com/general-...he-swoopy-308/

Here is a thread on the super rare vert that is currently for sale.. I don't know if forum member w8n4ya still has his hardtop stinger that he was selling a while ago..
    http://www.madmechanics.com/general-kitcar-chat/308-'stinger'-fans-here's-a-rare-collectible/msg88744/#msg88744

His Stinger for sale thread..http://www.madmechanics.com/the-mall...7917/#msg67917

More
    http://www.madmechanics.com/the-mall...8742/#msg88742