Thread: Insurance Co in Canada?

Insurance Co in Canada?

Ok, for the 2nd straight year I am having to search out another Insurance company. The last 2 companies (1 a yr) have folded as far as insuring a Replica under Vintage rules/show car etc. Last yr I thought I had it made....$560./yr for Ins., theft, colision,Yada,Yada,Yada! Today I recieved the letter stating the Vintage Ins program has been cancelled! I received other quotes up to close to a $grand$. My Insurance for our other 2 cars won't 'rider' with it, I'm fed up! The worst is that I've never 'PRESSED' a car in my life! Not 1 F**kin accident! My neighbour presses his car twice a year! I'm 48, drive 25K/yr, and still I get my chain yanked! This car is insured for 'sunny days' and 'shows'. Enough ranting....
    Anyone out there have any Ins Co to suggest?
    Sandy

Re:Insurance Co in Canada?

My father insures his car with Silver Wheels...he drive a 68 Beaumont...cruises/weekend car...his rates are VERY REASONABLE try them out and let me know how it goes as I will have to look for insurance when I get me car on the road up here in the great white north...they might be able to help you

http://www.lant-ins.ca/
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Can't help but here's another good one from the insurance companies.... I had a perfect driver's record... the best rates and everything... last year, I broke both my bumpers in our icy parking lot at 5 km/h when it was -30 C outside... at different dates.... being a virgin with insurance claims I filed a claim but told them it happened at 2 different dates which is what happened.... They paid me 400 some dollars... and my premium went up 50% for all my 3 cars.... when I shopped around, half the insurance companies wouldn't insure me as I was a public danger having lost control of my vehicle twice in the same year!!! From hero to zero for a 400$ claim breaking plastic in winter.... and they even told me the amount claimed wasn't even a consideration... had I claimed 100,000$ , the situation wouldn't have been worse... Conclusion.... I dropped my insurance to a minimum and increased my deductibles to a maximum!!! As the only time they would be worth something is that if I totally wrecked a car... wich I hope won't happen!

That's my 02 cents on those bandits: the insurance companies!!

LarryG

kitcarnut

Cowans ,hey I paid gino a year for my 40K lambo with 4 cars in family.

Thanks for the replies... Lambo1, looked into Lant(Silver Wheels) 2 yrs ago, they wanted a Grand for a $40,000 insured. Anything over $25,000. and they crank up the $$! I'm told they have become more reasonable. Maybe I'll try them again. LarryG, great story, love the quote "Hero to Zero..." . I'll keep this updated.
    thanks, Sandy

Try Bill Kells at Facilitators 403-253-1980, I am not sure of the rates, could be high, don't know.

OK, got the 'lowdown'....! Baker Ins out of Alberta(my old Ins) is still working their Vintage program. Unfortunately, their Ontario counterpart no longer writes for them. Baker should have someone to write up Ont residents by the end of April! I currently pay $560/yr@$40,000! Lant will insure at $40,000 for $954.00, or at $30,000 at $734.00 with a 'new' appraisal! And my current Ins runs out April 11th. Talk about thieves! Janice-Ho, Bill Kells does not have the 'license' to write for Ontario residents. So there you all are! I'm gonna wait till April to see if I can save $400. and alot of hassle.
    Sandy

Great feed back Sandy thanks for the info
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL