Thread: New Project decision...help me decide?

New Project decision...help me decide?

Ok so I've restored a few cars, and consider myself pretty mechanically inclined. I am hemming and hawin' about whether I really want to spend the time though to do a full frame up kit so I've been looking into some MR2 based kits. Mainly because I figure the technology is slightly newer than Fiero tech, plus I like the engine aftermarkets for the MR2's and its something I'm more familiar with.

This leads me to two cars I really love. The F430 and the Murci. Between these two, I have no idea which one works better, or looks better on a MR2 MK2 or MK3 chassis. I am not wanting to stretch a car for time reasons.

Are there Murci kits that fit on the MR2 and do they look accurate? I saw the DNA and DJ430 kits and both look pretty close. At this point a hardtop is probably a better choice just because I feel the interiors are harder to pull off than the exteriors and I figure I could save time and money by just tinting windows and getting away with that later.

Any help, on the Murci angle...and if there are any Scuderia F430 kits from reliable, honest sellers I can contact.

Re: New Project decision...help me decide?

i think you would be more happy with a 430 from what you wrote, and if you want a coupe mr2kits, but keep in mind dna's interior doesnt look bad

SO you dont want to stretch for time reasons yet you want an accurate looking replica? Your going to have to stretch it to make it look anywhere close to accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets303
    SO you dont want to stretch for time reasons yet you want an accurate looking replica? Your going to have to stretch it to make it look anywhere close to accurate.
    Yes, dimensionally speaking the DJ kits look nice. I'm asking about Murci kits as well, if those on a MR2 chassis look as good as the F430 kits on a non stretch.

I just went on Extreme's website for their 430 but its on a Peugeot and it says its coming for the MR2, but the 360 they said the MR2 was a bad choice, so i don't see why the 430 would be any better..hmm

Ok this is what i was looking for... ;D Except that the windshield looks off..

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-...glassproducts/

Well it definately depends on what your goals are as far as accurate wheelbases, but if your worried about time issues, a stretch will only take a day or two. I had a welder from work and a buddy of mine help me do the fiero thats in my garage and we did them in less then two days.

Ok..that is good info, i have a friend who welds proficiently who could do that. Who builds an f430 kit for a stretch build?

Dont know man Im a Murci guy myself. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by n8nod9it
    I just went on Extreme's website for their 430 but its on a Peugeot and it says its coming for the MR2, but the 360 they said the MR2 was a bad choice, so i don't see why the 430 would be any better..hmm
    The extreme 430 kit is going on a lengthened wheelbase MR2 Mk2. They didnt do the 360 (or the 430) on the MR2 MK3 as the dimensions made it unsuitable to use original panels. The DNA 360/430 is on the MK3 MR2 but modifies the panels quite a bit to get them to fit.

Each kit has its good and bad points, depends how far you want to go to get the authentic look.
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)