Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good bye replica's business

good bye replica's business

lowest price for diablo on the net

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=723987

if i got the cash i will buy the car and kill the engine untill it is dead and then swap the engine with BMW engine to get rid of the high maintenance issues of lambos ...

Re: good bye replica's business

Quote Originally Posted by lambo100
    BMW engine to get rid of the high maintenance issues of lambos ...
    Weird because all my BMW's look like Christmas Trees on the dashboard

Another reason why buliding a replica is a great idea! The real ones don't hold their value at all!

Everything on a Lambo is expensive. The Lambo forums keep talking about the Lambo tax. Not only is the engine expensive and labor intensive, so is the rest of the car. It is the little expenses that add up. Stuff like brake pads, ball joints, door latches.

Is it expensive jsut due to labor? Or are the parts stupid prices too? What if you are DIY'r?

That car is on Ebay to, it is TMU that is most likely why it is a LITTLE cheaper. There are normally a couple Devils on there for less than $100k with service records. I shudder to think what a Lambo dealer charges for per hour of labor!!! Even if you are DIY'r the parts are stupid....shocks are about $3k EACH.....all 6 of them!!......

its something ive posted about guys ,i also tghink the unreal build costs sometimes make a replica just no point,any replica will always be just that,no mater how good it is it will always be fake,i not against replicas im building one myself but you do have to sometimes take a reality check on life...i mean if i had areplica of any lambo and i was offered 90k u.s for it then id sell it and buy this...who in their right mind wouldnt do the same???

it aint much better over here in the uk,you can currently go to ebay.co.uk and buy a genuine murcie for 80k sterling...ok a chunk of dough but the depreciations gone and it is real..

also a diablo replica on there thats here in the uk..asking 45k sterling..more chance of stopping all the infighting on here than getting that..

yep i have to agree falling resale values on oem cars certainly effect the replicas..hey an oem 355 syder in the uk for 23k sterling...a oem 360 for 31k sterling.whose gonna waste money on a build that costs almost as much??.not many thats for sure.

A real Lambo is whole nutha animal. From price to pride of ownership they to command tons of attention. But I think a hand built replica done in the best spirit and pride of craftsmanship should command respect just for the passion of the builders who do realize to own and original may be out of their means. I mean, if anything breaks on the real deal, that part is easily going to put a sizeable dent in your wallet, not to mention general maintenance. Would i want a real one? Hell ya. But I'd have to be making 500 grand a year or more just to feel comfortable knowing the upkeep was worth just saying i have a Lambo in my garage. Its just a car after all IMO...yes fun, yes, rare, but its just a car and at this point maybe I'm just saying i'm poor (though not really) but I see alot of upsides of owning a car you make yourself and can say hey, I did that.

Yah, I hear you on it is just still a "fake". Here is something to think about. Why do people buy Lambo's and Ferrari's? It is not because they are the fastest cars around. There are many faster cars that handle better out there(and most cost less). Most (as in not all) owners buy the cars for prestige. For me that is being a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    Yah, I hear you on it is just still a "fake". Here is something to think about. Why do people buy Lambo's and Ferrari's? It is not because they are the fastest cars around. There are many faster cars that handle better out there(and most cost less). Most (as in not all) owners buy the cars for prestige. For me that is being a fake.
    my fake lp640 roadster > real early 2000 gallardo coupe