Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G28 grossly inaccurate

G28 grossly inaccurate

I am just listing some facts here that I was surprised to learn myself. The doors of a genuine Murcielago are 3 inches longer then G28 doors! I am talking a huge 3 inch difference here. The hood on a G28 is almost 2 inches longer then a genuine Murcielago's hood. So The G28 has shorter doors but a longer hood and the total length of the car is shorter then the genuine. Just passing some interesting info along.

Re: G28 grossly inaccurate

Where did you hear that?
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    Where did you hear that?
    measured the 2. I have never seen a completed G28 in real life so I dont know how it will look, but judging by pictures of your car its very hard to notice it until you pull out the tape measure. It's definitely not 100% spot on but it's pretty close. Maybe these are the changes they made to the car ti avoid trouble from Lamborghini.

Basically what it comes down to is; The door cards from a G28 will NOT fit a genuine door!

Quote Originally Posted by Faker
    Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    Where did you hear that?
    measured the 2. I have never seen a completed G28 in real life so I dont know how it will look, but judging by pictures of your car its very hard to notice it until you pull out the tape measure. It's definitely not 100% spot on but it's pretty close. Maybe these are the changes they made to the car ti avoid trouble from Lamborghini.
    Not sure why the front lid is longer but the real doors were too long to fit a fiero based car without doing some extensive work to the fiero. At least that's what Steve told me. I knew the doors were shorten but did not know until a couple of weeks ago how much they were different. My post was not to take away from your build MM, I think your car is beautiful.

OH, WELL, If that's the case I certainly won't be building one "those" then!
    I wasn't anyway, BUT with the OEM door not able to use the replica upholstery issue, that cinches it! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by jntramey
    OH, WELL, If that's the case I certainly won't be building one "those" then!
    I wasn't anyway, BUT with the OEM door not able to use the replica upholstery issue, that cinches it! ;D
    I didnt make this post to discourage anyone from building a G28! I really just find it interesting. As a rule of thumb you can make stuff fit, it will just require extra work!

Come on people they are replicas! REPLICAS!!

Who on earth is going to measure someone car? My AD355 is stunning, but is GROSSLY INACCURATE, no one seems to notice.

I was just poking fun, thus the " ;D "
    Like Delorean said, it's a replica. If you have to get out a ruler to see the differences, a pretty good one to.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00
    Come on people they are replicas! REPLICAS!!

Who on earth is going to measure someone car? My AD355 is stunning, but is GROSSLY INACCURATE, no one seems to notice.
    Nobody is going to measure anybody's car! The bold topic was just put there for the drama effect! I wasnt going to post this info for fear of upsetting someone. I thought about it and I decided to post this information because it was a question I had myself when the G28 came out. This was NOT posted to bring anybody down it's just some info people would like to have. Unless this is a major secret and needs to be kept hush hush, I am sure someone will gain from this information.

Again I am not trying to offend anyone. If someone feels I crossed the line with this post let it be known and I will remove it!

ADDED:
    Also this may factor in to using genuine panels on a Fiero. I was having a ton of trouble making the Fiero work so I moved on to a replica chassis. So in essence the G28 was engineered to be an easy fit for a Fiero. Just some things to think about in what kit you choose.