Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lambo Murci cost??

Lambo Murci cost??

Hey All, still new to the site and love it!! But I had to ask a question. I was looking through some of the builds and noticed that one person said it cost between 90 and 120K to build a Murci the right way. My question of course is why do a kit car, when for $120 to $130K you could buy the real thing?? I am just curious, not trying to rain on anyones parade. Thnaks, Jason

Re: Lambo Murci cost??

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacneil
    Hey All, still new to the site and love it!! But I had to ask a question. I was looking through some of the builds and noticed that one person said it cost between 90 and 120K to build a Murci the right way. My question of course is why do a kit car, when for $120 to $130K you could buy the real thing?? I am just curious, not trying to rain on anyones parade. Thnaks, Jason
    correction 120k to 130k will only buy you a used Murcie not a new one
    and kit cars a great because they are cheap and there are a lot of different things you can do to them

Because it can cost over 3000usd for a single tuneup Brakes/wheels can cost double to triple that. Insurance is 2000+ a year plus the huge gas costs, and a lot of people that build replica's do it for the experience, the feeling you get when you are finished. The pride of saying "Yes, I built it"

ohh and also, when you see a 130k priced murci, feel free to add another 20-40k in dealership fees etc, taxes.. and so on

real thing = high maintenance

a really good murcie replica could be done for about +/- $50,000 depending on what you want, you dont have to buy oem wheels and so forth its up to you.

It really depends how good you want your kit car to look. you dont have to spend 90k on it cause you can make a pretty decent one with about 50k but if you want a really good looking Murci from both the inside and the outside you might want to try 80k.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    It really depends how good you want your kit car to look. you dont have to spend 90k on it cause you can make a pretty decent one with about 50k but if you want a really good looking Murci from both the inside and the outside you might want to try 80k.
    How come some people only want to spend $41K then for a turn-key? Can you build a really nice Murcie for $41K? I'm so confused......
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    How come some people only want to spend $41K then for a turn-key? Can you build a really nice Murcie for $41K? I'm so confused......
    LOL
    youre the expert you tell us
    jbmacneil you should check out MM build thread

If you want a real Lamborghini buy a Gallardo. Ignore all the rumors you rear about high maintenance, can't drive daily, etc etc etc. I know 3 people in my neighborhood that drive a Gallardo as a daily car. May I remind you I live in a Chicago suburb (Orland Park) where it rains, snows, freezes, etc. One of them has an 07 Spyder (20k on it, he bought it new) the other has an 05 Coupe (45k) the third has an 04 Coupe (60k) all three of them drive it daily, and the only complaint I have ever heard is that the 04 doesn't have air suspension upfront which is a little rough on his front bumper.

I think if you hire someone else to do all the work, you are definately looking at $70-$80K. Do it yourself, about $50-$60K. You could do it cheaper, but if you really want an OEM looking car, inside and out, EXPECT TO PAY FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by *fill-up*
    If you want a real Lamborghini buy a Gallardo. Ignore all the rumors you rear about high maintenance, can't drive daily, etc etc etc. I know 3 people in my neighborhood that drive a Gallardo as a daily car. May I remind you I live in a Chicago suburb (Orland Park) where it rains, snows, freezes, etc. One of them has an 07 Spyder (20k on it, he bought it new) the other has an 05 Coupe (45k) the third has an 04 Coupe (60k) all three of them drive it daily, and the only complaint I have ever heard is that the 04 doesn't have air suspension upfront which is a little rough on his front bumper.
    True maybe, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Just call a dealer and ask them how much tune-ups, oil changes, and scheduled maintenance is on them. Beverly Hills Lamborghini states its about $1.20 per mile in the Gallardo.