Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murcie windshield options Maxima or Accord

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Murcie windshield options Maxima or Accord

what is the width accross the bottom & top of the 97 accord, compaired to the 60" across the bottom of the real car

Can a windshield be cut with a diamond cutting disc blade while running water on it , i need to find out how slow to go
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: Murcie windshield maxima or accord

to cut windowscreens they score front and back and use lighter fluid to set light and melt the plastic coating inside, there is a video on youtube somewhere, as for the measurements cant help there, cars not in this country

do the Vendetta use the 97 accord windshield an what is the measurement across the top of the windshield an how tall up the sides an from top to bottom measuring in the middle of the windshield pic. would be great ,was the 97 accord windshield used in the top gun diablo kit as well
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

across the top from side to side = 44 inch
    across the bottom , "A" Post to "A" Post = 60 inch
    from the top of the windshield to the bottom ,next to the door = 31 inch

real Murcie Coupe windshield sizes

Just pulled the first OEM dash board out of the mold an tried it in G28 ,it had dash hanging out on both door openings so i will be using a different Windshield an not the Maxima , I could not get any answers from forum members on this subject , MacGyver,was the only person that shared some info so when i post pic of the new windshield i will share all my info with him

Re: Murcie windshield options Maxima or Accord

QUESTION about the real Murcie Windscreen Height do the coupe an the roadster share the same windscreen or is the roadster windscreen not as tall as the coupe an if its shorter HOW Much on the sides ,I know theres only a few people that can answer this QUESTION because most of us do not have access to both Murcie coupes an roadsters ( real cars )

http://www.lambolounge.com/Body/Glas...lass-specs.zip Diablo windscreen

can these pic be converted to jpegs

i wish i could find a 3d file like this for the Murcie roadster OR coupewith measurements in inches i guess its not avalible

I have a real coupe glass, I can tell you the roadster has a different glass and I don't think it is any shorter along the "a" pilar but it is shaped different along the top. The G28 is so far off in many ways. Now that I have both a G28 and either real parts or parts pulled from real parts, it is obvious just how far off the G28 really is. Like how long the front hood is to make it look OK with the maxima windshield. The front hood is almost 4 inches too long.

e
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman
    I have a real coupe glass, I can tell you the roadster has a different glass and I don't think it is any shorter along the "a" pilar but it is shaped different along the top. The G28 is so far off in many ways. Now that I have both a G28 and either real parts or parts pulled from real parts, it is obvious just how far off the G28 really is. Like how long the front hood is to make it look OK with the maxima windshield. The front hood is almost 4 inches too long.
    i also have a OEM front end an door jams an the bottom of the Maxima G28 windshield tray is 58" which is 2.865" to narrow ,i have tried to buy a fiberglass blank or the OEM windshield no one will sell me one so i plan to cut a windshield to spec size an have a mar resistant lexan windshield cut today using the AGP diablo size an trimming it down as needed to get the top 44" across with a scalop or recess in the middle ,i also had a deal worked out with James at AGP to make some ,but as i said before i cannot get my hands on a fiberglass blank

Just getting home the CNCcut lexan turned out well ,i will now make a plug from it to produce windshields ,i used the bottom of the AGP pattern after talking with them for 1 hour this morning , i went in with the spec,s an they digitized the image an from their here is the lexan plug 44" across the top ,31' sides , across bottom 60 7/8

close up

to big for the G28 LP

1.5" INCHES Per side hanging over

Man oh man this is going to make a big difference in the Front Apperance

now i have to make the new tray from THE AGP model bottom lip for the plug windshield to sit in

the money has been sent to me by a member here to make a full size Murcie windshield or a OEM roadster windshield so i cALLED MOST of the day looking, the cheapset one i found was $3300.00 picked up ,if they have to ship it add shipping

the roadster windshield is about half the cost of a coupe glass. I have a coupe glass and looking for good deal on a roadster one. Coupe windshield cost about $6k and roadster about $3k.

ikr,
    I though u were building a reventon?
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016