Thread: Unique body on craigslist

Unique body on craigslist

I'm not so active in other threads, at least by posting, but i'm looking around at other builds and thought i would post something about this. We were contacted recently by a guy in Biloxi, who has been following our progress on the Wraith Car.

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-...ith-car)-kits/

He aquired a rather unique body (often refered to as the Wraith II) based from the Wraith car, and is selling it on Craigslist.

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/cto/1497923471.html

Several of you may know a little something about this body style, and it's history, based on the following site. (takes a minute to load) I think Dalesar wound up being a scam of sorts, but i'm using it for reference sake, and photos.

http://mcwalkerusa.tripod.com/dalesar.html

He's advertising it as the Wraith M4S Turbo Interceptor. Technically... it's not. The M4S is a prototype which is what our Wraith car was based off of. So, i guess he should be calling it the Wraith II "copy", but whatever. lol

I want to add this... He approached us with a price of $15,000 just for the body and molds. We didn't want it because we simply don't have a need for that body style, it doesn't benefit us for the Wraith project. And... $15K seemed very high. He also said that it would be easy enough to convert it back to the original body style, but we don't need that because we already have extra bodies copied for future kits. Anyway, he's dropped it by half for some reason, which seems odd to us. Now, i'm not saying, one way or another, that he is tied into the Dalesar scams of the past. That might be on peoples minds. He seemed pretty straight forward with the sale. I suppose people should investigate for themselves.

Thoughts on it?

Re: Unique body on craigslist

I was under the impression that none of these wraith II bodies where "sold". Well they were paid for but never received . Other then their yellow demo I have never seen another one.

That being said 15k is an ridiculous price to pay IMO. Half is ridiculous. Those molds/body have been sitting around for what 8-10 years in who know what sort of condition?

He sent me more detailed photos, and the body looks like it's in really rough shape. He also told me that it's just been sitting in his back yard for some time, so i don't know if it's being stored. He's anxious to get rid of it, e-mails me a few times a week to see if i have any leads for him.

Tell him $1000 for the molds and body and you will come pick them up. Explain to him that the body and molds will take several $1000s to make either usable again

Oh, we certainly have no interest in it. I do have a friend that talked to him quite a bit and offered $2000... then never heard from him again.

2K would be a fair price in my openion. The molds are probably junk. especially if they were stored outdoors. You would probably need to skim the whole body just to get it smooth and remake the molds all over again so you could get a fresh body. He is dreaming with the 15K.

I received another e-mail from the seller today. He's bumped the price back up to $15,000 (from the $7500 he dropped it to earlier this week) and also added another photo. He's still claiming that the car can "easily" be converted back to the old body style. Unless he has the old molds to do that, then i think he's mistaken. He's also using "The Wraith Car and M4S" as the name of the body, which is inaccurate, so that sort of disturbs us. I guess we'll see where he goes with it.

I would think that unless he finds someone with more money than brains. it will end up rotting away in his back yard.

I'll give him 500 bucks for them. This guy is nuts if somebody is going to give him 15,000.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

2 weeks ago: $15,000
    1 weeks ago: $7,500
    1 week ago: $15,000
    This weekend: $3,900