Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Body Style Ford GT

New Body Style Ford GT

Do they make a kit for it? I"ve seen the GT40 kit and don't like that one. If they make a kit, what is the donor car?

Re: New Body Style Ford GT

sorry but currently no body makes a replica of the 2005-2006 fordgt and as far as I know no one has plans because apparently they aren't exotic enough.( but the donor parts are easy to get a hold of ).

if someone were able to find out who owned this and pull molds off of it it would sell well after finding a good donor (more than likely a spaceframe).

I know for a fact there are a set of moulds and chassis already designed for the trackday market....but not saleable as a street car due to legal issues with Ford... ....

Donor cars are not very readily available unless you start with a damaged Ford GT of course...many OEM GT parts are already NLA or have been back ordered for 6-8 months....ask me how I know....

Ok, thanks. That car is very exotic IMO. It turns a whole lot of heads and draws a crowd when parked, I've seen it happen more than twice. It didn't look that great to me when I saw it in a magazine, but when I saw them in person I was doing triple takes!

Quote Originally Posted by RCRFRAN
    I know for a fact there are a set of moulds and chassis already designed for the trackday market....but not saleable as a street car due to legal issues with Ford... ....

Donor cars are not very readily available unless you start with a damaged Ford GT of course...many OEM GT parts are already NLA or have been back ordered for 6-8 months....ask me how I know....
    Donor parts are cheap because on the real deal most parts came from lower range models across the ford company and owned by ford like most of the switches came from the mondeo,the radio from a mustang and the engine block from a f150. I personally believe the gt would be better than a lambo replica which for the most part have 4-6 bangers that sound and go nothing near the real one unless lots of pesos are involved. VS a replica of a car that is believable, sounds like the real deal ( you could use a 2005 mustang gt engine )and with a supercharger can pretty much go just as fast. only problem would be a donor chassis so you would have to go down the spaceframe route. I personally believe that either EXtreme is going to do a fordgt or DNA is going to do a gtx1 kit similar to the 4thirty.

There are a few parts that are based on the Ford Parts bin but not very many.....(The block is not from a truck...it is a bespoke piece)...and none that will make replicating the Ford GT easy.

They were assembled only a few miles from my shop and three of my employees were involved in their QC and assembly....

Installing a Ford engine is the easiest part....

Kip Ewing ,designer of the GTX-1 is also finishing some GTX-1 cars that were started and never finished ...again here in Michigan.

There are a few parts that are based on the Ford Parts bin but not very many.....(The block is not from a truck...it is a bespoke piece)...and none that will make replicating the Ford GT easy.

They were assembled only a few miles from my shop and three of my employees were involved in their QC and assembly....

Installing a Ford engine is the easiest part....

Kip Ewing ,designer of the GTX-1 is also finishing some GTX-1 cars that were started and never finished ...again here in Michigan.

The block is the ford svt lightning block that has been bored out to 5.4 liters.none of the panels are from the ford parts bin but most of the switches are is what im trying to say. besides saying that there arent enough parts to pull molds from would be completely unsensible as the reventon is even rarer but so many replicas are still being made. the best method would probably be prototype2s method of using a cnc cut foam form especially since autoart has released an extremely detailed version in 1/12 scale and he used a hotwheels 1/18 for his enzo. also I know a ford gt isnt easy to build as it my favorite car in the world and ive looked at almost every aspect of its build besides is a replica it wont be built just like the real one if a slightly larger chassis of the ford gt40 and build it like a gt40 kit.

I suppose having built over 100 aluminum monocoque GT40 replica kits, and offering eleven other models of mid-engined cars I may know a little about building one...Oh well...

The block is not a modified truck block ..it was made from a 356T6 alloy with relocated oil drainback passages,new valley webbing for increased torsional rigidity,no bulkhead windows, enlarged coolant passages and also increased cylinder deck thickness...

Last post from me ....back to lurking and learning... ...

I suppose having built over 100 aluminum monocoque GT40 replica kits, and offering eleven other models of mid-engined cars I may know a little about building one...Oh well...

The block is not a modified truck block ..it was made from a 356T6 alloy with relocated oil drainback passages,new valley webbing for increased torsional rigidity,no bulkhead windows, enlarged coolant passages and also increased cylinder deck thickness...

Hey, stick around.. No lurking alowed ;D

The 5.4L Modular V8 powerplant is all-aluminum and fed by a Lysholm twin screw-type supercharger. It features a forged rotating assembly housed in an aluminum block designed specifically for the GT program.

Fran if you want there respect post a pic of an sl-c.
    or give me one and ill brag about its greatness for you