Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyones Kit

Everyones Kit

Hey guys,

How you all doing??.. im still very new to this forum, but it seems like most of you all know each other pretty well..

Do most of you guys on this forum have or are building kits or replicars??

Id love to see pics of all your cars.. people that do have them on here.. any kits at all.. espeically either 355's or 360's

Can you guys also answer a question thats been on my mind for a long time??

Why is it that some kits actually cost more than the real thing?? Just a quick example of the guy that was trying to sell his 2002 F360 kit for about $60,000 but i saw a real 1995 F348 for $52,000 USD on ebay??
    Albeit it is an older car.. but why would you buy a kit when you could pay less and get the real thing??
    I wish Ferrari's were that cheap here in Sydney.. youd be lucky to pick up an old 1975 Ferrari Dino for less than $75,000!!

You guys have all the luck

Cheers
    Jem

Re:Everyones Kit

I guess I'd say that what you're not considering is the difference between ASKING and GETTING...

I could ask $105,000 for my 355 kit any time I wanted... Not likely that I would GET $105,000 but I sure could ask for it

Seriously, I'd never PAY that much for a replica for that exact reason. However, most of use are not building these cars for the financial investment... it's the BUILD itself. The bonus is that you get to drive an expensive looking work of art when you are finished.

Welcome to the Forum and check out my build diary at www.gopc.com/F355/F355x.html

If you type in that address, it is CASE sensitive so be accurate

DKOV -

Hey DKOV,

Thanks for the link.. go your car is looking pretty good, seems like it is a lot of work too.. so have you finished it yet?? or is it still an on going project?.. i couldnt see any finished pics on there so im guessing its not quite there yet but i must admit it looks like everything is fitting in ok

Good job..

Cmon guys, im sure there is more than 1 guy building a kit in here.. lets see some links to some cool build sites

Cheers,
    Jem

Ok,can someone help me put a pitcher here,Ive always had to have someone else do it for me.I can get the file up loaded,but I dont know how to coppy and peste.

You have it uploaded to the Internet or are you using ARI's picture posting feature?

If so... I can't help ya. I don't know but there's bound to be directions here somewhere

If it is up on the Internet someplace else and you want to post, THIS I can help you with...

Type:
    "IMG" Surround by these [ ]
    then the address where the file is at
    then "IMG" surrounded by [/ ]

The esiest way to get the address correct is to view the picture wherever it is stored, right click your mouse and choose "copy image location" then past in between the img commands above.

Good luck

DKOV -

To copy and past text start at the beging of the text (assuming you have uploaded your immage at the top of the web page)Hold the left mouse button down (unless you modified windows then it would be the right)Then while holding the mouse button drag it accross the text do this untill the Image Link is high lighted Now place your pointer in the center of the high lighted text and Right click your mouse then scroll up to copy.Now go to your post and click on the end of your text.Right click the mouse and scroll up to Past.If your post was already uploaded you can still add an immage just go to the edit tab of your post and follow the instructions above.Thats it,Finished
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

I just took a pitcher with my camera and its on a flopy disk in my computer.I hit on upload imige,uploaded the pic I wanted,and it said uploadid sucessfily,just poke and paste or someshit,and I dont know to do that.

ok I can coppy but I cant paste

letssee

Hay it worked,Thanks Bond.Im still working on getting everything lined up