Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get the most space in your Murci build?

How to get the most space in your Murci build?

Ok I want to get ideas on how to get the most room possible in one of these cars . I hear many people talk about dropping the floor and such, but i dont want my car to bottom-out either,the fiero is low already. I want to do whatever possible to give myself at 6,2 250 to comfortably be able to fit into my build, If there is a way to get more room then even a real Murci that would be great. I want to do a daily driver build so i want to try to build for comfort. Please let me know your ideas,I know the floorpan is mentioned and the column shortening? so any other ideas to squeeze more room out of these cars?

Re: How to get the most space in your Murci build?

take this with a grain of salt as I have no idea of what I'm talking about! I am going to do my best to regurgitate what a professional told me! The Fiero has serious limitations on how much space you can get. To get equal space out of a Fiero will require so much work and modding that it will not be worth it. I honestly say go with a custom chassis, when all is said and done the difference in price will be negligible.

what about cutting the firewall to back the seat up 1-2 inches??

you can drop the seat,move fire wall and collapse/replace the steering shaft.the problem will occur with the back window.it sits forward of the stock fire wall location(if memory serves).to move it will require extensive body/engine hatch work.it might not be like that on all brands but thats what i remember from a lambo build i did back in the day.

Well remember this is for a Lp murci build,.

Murci Me figured it out. He's really, really tall.

Re: How to get the most space in your Murci build? Murci Me?

really cool, well Mr. Murci-me care to comment?

First things first.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Faker
    take this with a grain of salt as I have no idea of what I'm talking about! I am going to do my best to regurgitate what a professional told me! The Fiero has serious limitations on how much space you can get. To get equal space out of a Fiero will require so much work and modding that it will not be worth it. I honestly say go with a custom chassis, when all is said and done the difference in price will be negligible.
    WTF????? The price difference will be negligible? Between a tube chassis build and a Fiero build?
    Quote Originally Posted by LP640
    The Fiero actually has more room inside than the OEM car, as far as leg-room goes. I'm 6'4", 215 lbs, and I fit just fine. Its pretty much impossible to move the Fiero firewall back, so count that out.
    First, you need to dump the legs on the Fiero seats, or get lower seats. Next, you need to remove most of the padding in the bottom of the seat before you upholster them. Shortening the steering column or installing the Sebring column will help alot with the looks, and make it alot easier to get in and out of the car. Like I said, I'm 3'40", and still have headroom with the changes listed. The firewall in the OEM car actually sits about 3" forward from the Fiero's position. The Fiero has more room from the dash to the rear firewall, and the OEM has more room from the dash to the front firewall (under dash foot space)
    You should fit just fine in the car, but if you want to be shure, make the changes. Tube chassis have no more room than the Fiero in these areas. Save your money, and the headaches, go Fiero.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Thank you Murci-Me!

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    First things first.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Faker
    WTF????? The price difference will be negligible? Between a tube chassis build and a Fiero build?
    Quote Originally Posted by LP640
    The Fiero actually has more room inside than the OEM car, as far as leg-room goes. I'm 6'4", 215 lbs, and I fit just fine. Its pretty much impossible to move the Fiero firewall back, so count that out.
    First, you need to dump the legs on the Fiero seats, or get lower seats. Next, you need to remove most of the padding in the bottom of the seat before you upholster them. Shortening the steering column or installing the Sebring column will help alot with the looks, and make it alot easier to get in and out of the car. Like I said, I'm 3'40", and still have headroom with the changes listed. The firewall in the OEM car actually sits about 3" forward from the Fiero's position. The Fiero has more room from the dash to the rear firewall, and the OEM has more room from the dash to the front firewall (under dash foot space)
    You should fit just fine in the car, but if you want to be shure, make the changes. Tube chassis have no more room than the Fiero in these areas. Save your money, and the headaches, go Fiero.
    It's hard to believe but not only did I price it I kinda lived it! I spent a ton of money on a Fiero that I didnt like the way it was going so I went with a replica chassis.

Clean Fiero in really good condition $1,500
    Fiero Stretch $3,000
    Held suspension and brakes $5,000
    suspension and brake installation $500
    Now we have a rolling Fiero chassis with a Fiero engine for $10,000

You can get a replica chassis with suspension and brakes without engine for around the $11k mark. Sure you will need an engine, but usually people swap out the engines on their FIero's anyway and you can get what you want. Not to mention Held wont make you the correct size suspension because his tooling cant handle the size of the Murcielago.

Also There is a huge difference with how you sit in a Fiero vs a genuine. THe Fiero feels way more cramped then a Replica chassis. I havnt measured or anything so I cant tell you what the cause is, but there is a noticeable difference there. I'm also talking about a Murcielago replica chassis that is bigger then a diablo chassis.