Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP WITH FREIGHT SHIPPING

NEED HELP WITH FREIGHT SHIPPING

i am planning on getting a crate shipped from Alberta Canada to southern California. the cost is becoming an issue with getting this done sooner rather than later. the best quote i have is around $1000 usd from ups.

1-does anybody know of a reputable shipper that can do it for less and include the customs work?

2-is anybody willing or have a friend that would be willing to drive this down to me as a side job for a better price?

the dimensions are 9'x7'x5'. the weight is around 600lbs. it is automotive parts.

thanks
    Darin a.k.a. Twilight Z

Re: NEED HELP WITH FREIGHT SHIPPING

have you tried abf trucking? they even have the relocubes you could get you can load it and then they will drop if off where you need it and pick it up when you are done. thats how i just got all my diablo moulds and stuff shipped to me from tx.

how much did that run you?

It's actually pretty simple - Yellow Pages, Google, 411.com, etc. Every shipping/trucking company specializes in particular kinds of jobs and you have to find the one that will do yours. There are brokers who do nothing except match shippers to the job requirements, and you can do that job yourself.

Good luck.

Twilight Z:

Whatever you do just stay AWAY from UPS for any Freight shipments.....They are super expensive when it comes to shipping large, heavy bulky items....This FedEx FREIGHT (yes they do Freight shipping).....Or try ABF or Arnoff and any other FREIGHT company which they provide FREE estimates over the phone and some of them even pickup the item. Do a Google search for Freight companies in your area.

Good luck

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

hey twilight, it cost me 640.00 to go from huoston tx to charlotte nc that was for a 6'x7'x8' box jambed full to the roof. i would call abf see what they say problem lyes in going across the border, their may be a charge for that.

Ever since FedEX bought out Viking Freight, they have good to deal with. I used them to ship two kits in one over sized box from Georgia to California. They did a great job for the shipping crate was not built well. That was four years ago, so prices are different now. Use the FedEx web page and then call to see if you can get a better price.

thanks.i will check these shippers out.just to add,i have quotes but am looking for a better price.

what class did you use cliff(what did they classify your items as)?

Great question... the class is everything. You have to schmooz with the pricing desk to find out the best class. If you chose th ewrong class, you might pay double of triple what you need to. This is an art, not a science.

exactly! i can get the same dimensions and weight sent for $350 to $2700 depending on how they class it. the catch is they can change the class on you before the crate arrives and charge you extra. the pieces im having shipped dont exactly fit a class because they are plastic(the class they would be in is for metal parts) so i might have some wiggle room.