Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reventon Roadster Replica info please

Reventon Roadster Replica info please

Hi everyone I am a great admirer of the work of many members of this forum, notably katana, prototye2 & Orlando M - bucatti varon. I am considering purchasing a reventon roadster replica and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about where I could get some of the following: Functioning 'batwings' that actually feed air into the engine, Replica wheels, A replica engine cover (make it look like a lamborghini V12 and the housing itself similar to this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...Roadster-0.jpg ), and finally what insurance should I get for it if it's Porsche boxter based with an upgraded engine? The last question is really only aimed at UK members as that is where I need the insurance for. Many thanks everybody and keep up the truly astounding work, Richard

Re: Reventon Roadster Replica info please

Oh yea and an exhaust muffler to replicate that fantastic Lamborghini V12, Many Thanks your help is gratly appriciated

Hi Richard,
    we have the Reventon Roadster body kit with the (Roadster Engine Cover) you mentioned and showed the picture above
    also we have the Reventon Body kit look at the link below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv1TaYQriHE
    i will post pictures of the Roadster in the weekend
    thanks
    Email
    Ravn2@yahoo.com
    Eddy

we are working on doing the rear deck lid as pictured the bat wings can be made to operate in a variety of ways

That sounds fantastic can't wait. Basically the only things I am slightly concerned about is the performance, the sound & the wheels. I was thinking of getting a new engine & brakes as I presume the kit adds quite a bit of weight to the car & I was wondering if the performance might be slightly blunted. The engine I was thinking of getting is the RS Performance V Master 2.3l V6 supercharged engine. I have emailed both RS Performance & Pilbeam about purchasing one of the engines & I presume it will fit as it is smaller than the Porsche's standard engine & is set up for MR-style cars, I haven't had any response yet but I would expect that's due to the snow we have over here at the moment. I have seen a couple of posts about katana's kit having bremo brakes, is this true & which set are they? The sound can be fairly easily replicated by use of a muffler (I know a company in the UK with a very good one, so thats not so much of a problem); & finally the wheels, which I adore. These will probably present the biggest problem as I have tried numerous places to no avail so if anyone could help out on this front it would be much appriciated. Finally I would just like to say that both of those kits look absolutely fantastic & very few people could tell them apart from the real thing, amazing work guys your effort is much appriciated.
    Thanks Again,
    Richard

Thanks Ritcahrd,
    also Katana Kit looks awesome and i want to make sure to Katana that I'm not competing with his business, yes we do have the same kits for sale, but we dont build complete kit most of the time like him i just sell mine for an affordable price and people finish their own kit as a hobby and i dont or i will not try to trash other people work, best of luck to Katana sales, there is enough business out there for both of us and even more.
    Eddy
    Ravn2@yahoo.com

yup ty richard,there is a lot of work going into these cars and would tell you that when you are ready you can come look at what we do,i actually am meeting with some people from germany on sat and sun before they place orders

wow that would be fantastic, if I were to come & have a look & decided that I am going to buy one, approximately how long would it take to actually construct the car, presuming I go for the Porsche Boxter kit. Obviously I realise it will depend on how busy you are but if you could give me an approximate time schedule then I can more accurately decide when it is best to come.
    Many Thanks,
    Richard

3 to 6 monthes providing all is ok

Im just curious but for the same kit, katanas is like 20 thousand and reveton911's kit is 7 thousand, both are hand laid and look exactly the same. What am I missing anyone.....