Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Kit Car

Cobra Kit Car

Hi...
    I have been looking into doing some sort of Hot Rod and/or Personal Luxury Vehicle and the Cobra Coupe from Street Beats caught my eye. I like how it has a full roof as oppose to the other convertible ones and I find from the pictures that the interior seems to be, at least to me, more functional and stylish.
    I was wondering if Street Beasts produced good products? If anyone had any dealings with them or advice for me? What is the quality and reliability of the supplied parts? Anything that may be useful in directing me I would greatly appreciate. Oh, and are there any other kit car manufacturers that produce Cobra Coupes or Cobra like Coupes?

Re: Cobra Kit Car

Cobra and luxury do not exactly go together. I do not know what your budget is but look at the superformance cobra coupe. It is an excellent car...... still not what I would call a luxury car.

We don't do Cobras in this Forum ;D

Do a Google Search and there's plenty of info and Forums on the Internet specifically for Cobras and their kind....

Good luck
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Get on www.clubcobra.com and search Street Beasts (careful of the spelling). Nuff said.

None of the Shelby-based (Cobra roadsters, GT-40's, and Daytona Coupes) cars are luxurious - they are all converted race cars.

The good ones are all a blast to drive and cruise well - IF you like wind, exhaust noise, and smells (I do). We take day trips in the Roadster - less than 8 hours on the road.

Great fun.

I suppose luxury was a bad term to use, but then for me that only involves a good seat and a loud stereo, I'll check out club cobra and see what they have to say, thanks for the help.

Now if you put a Cobra body onto a BMW Z4 Roadster leaving the interior intact you might call that "luxury". :P

I did not realize that this forum is limited to only certain builds.

Correct, Cobra's are not for luxury. We discuss this with our customers in great detail before they order a build. Will not discuss kit manufactures however the great thing about the web is the ease of doing your homework on any builder/manufactures. As long as you do your research you will be fine and help you have alot of fun with your new car, Cobras are a lot of fun.

DNA Autoworks

correct any builds, why are people here sending someone away?

We're are NOT turning anyone away from asking questions or joining this Forum....it's open to anyone who likes replicas or not...

However, the crowd in here is geared towards Lambo/Ferrari builds mostly and I don't know ANYONE in this forum who's building a Cobra or who owns one....I could be wrong of course, but this forum is hardly the place to get info on Cobras.

Later...
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

goyal99, your right. Most are here for certain builds and hope to see more of a range in the future. We build Cobra turnkeys and race our demo on occasions. There are a few here that I have spoken to that have them.

DNA Autoworks