Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenge Verde

Revenge Verde

http://www.core77.com/blog/events/de...grit_15713.asp

Found this in my travels. Looks sort of cool, somehow misses the mark though...

Re: Revenge Verde

Different Ferrari and Lambo styles thrown together in a blender.....Nothing new in this design....

Terrible back end
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

For the guy that can't decide whether to get a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, we have the Ferrorghini, or the Lamborrari (we can't decide either.)
    It's painted in Lambo colors
    It's got Ferrari tail lights and Lambo style blinkers,
    It's got a F car windshield rake, and a Lambo roof line.
    It's got a F355 rear clip with a Gallardo rear bumper and screens, a Lp640 engine cover (assuming it's in the back, it may be up front)
    Are those F458 or Lambo headlights?
    The front clip is Lambo with a Ferrari profile (take a Gallardo and give it curves with Photoshop)
    Just to mix it up, we've made the front track WIDER than the rear.
    Rear exhaust? You bet! Ferrari F40 centered multiples with a Murci inspired billet finish.
    Do the doors open or tilt? we haven't decided yet, YOU PICK!
    How about a nice F355 style scoop with a Gallardo slant?
    So, how about it? Have you decided whether you like it? Don't feel bad, Decisions wasn't really the manufacturer's thing either. ;D
    http://s3files.core77.com/blog/image...01/das10-2.jpg

The car design has no harmony.

The car is based on the Ford GT - you can tell that in the roofline. I think the rear quarters are a little too small, makes it look a little weak. The rear end was probably designed by a guy with a 'No Fear' shirt.

I do like that it's an original design though, even though it takes a lot from existing manufacturers.

Does kind of remimd me of the ford gt body lines/shape with a few pieces of lambo and ferrari thrown in the mix.

Thats ugly. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by vitamixman11
    ...with a few pieces of lambo and ferrari thrown in the mix.
    A few?!?!?
    The whole car is a rip off from Italian designs with no ryhme or reason!
    It's like they took a couple of different plastic Lambo and Ferrari model kits, and glued the pieces on wherever they would fit. This car is about an "original" design in the same sense the mask from the movie Texas chainsaw massacre was an original too. This car is proof you cannot mix exaggerated curves and hard angles and edges in a single design, and have it look good. Ugly plus marketing hype does not equal exotic. It just equals expensive ugly.
    There, I think I have voiced my personal opinion of this "car" very clearly. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Bobi1
    This is actually a re-body of Factory Five's GTM kit car with a price multiplied by 5. Exactly the way Lamborghini used their Murcielago as base for the overpriced Reventon. According to the official press release, they plan to produce at least 3.000 numbers of that car, which is hard to believe considering the overall design.
    I think the GTM looks better.. I would say selling over 100 of these would be very optimistic and expecting to sell 3,000 of these is just dreaming..

There, I fixed it. They can thank me later. ;D
    Attached Images Attached Images