Thread: f**rrai 550

f**rrai 550

Does anyone have info on the 550 replica that was at knotts last year? Thanks

Re: f**rrai 550

Its from projex motort they now have a website www.projexmotors.com. The kit is based on the c4 corvette.

Thanks so much. I remember their was a post on this months ago and I couldn't find it.

Projex Motors can build your PC-3 vehicle using your donor car or a Projex car to your specific requests which will meet your expectations.

Turnkey Vehicle - Enhanced Car Kit-w/Projex-supplied C-4 Corvette

vehicle, painted, leather interior, standard lighting and chrome

wheel package included.......................................... .....................$ 79,995.00

They are absolutely crazy thinking they will sell even one turn key at anywhere near that price.. With the prices of the real ones so cheap you would be better of getting a real one vs even building one..
    Forget the kit, How about a 100% real low milege 550 Maranello for $55k
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

I think "if" you have the Cash, Real car should be an affordable option. You will have a better resale value compared to Kitcar and if you buy the right one (due dilligence) you can have a low maintenance car as well.

I'm looking now at a 12 cylinder lambo or a Ferrari. Diablo and 512 TR and Ferrari Boxer is on my list. You can purchase for around $60K to $90K for a well cared for exotic.

I think the kit is way overpriced also but thanks for the info.

You guys are absolutely right about the (overpriced) value of this kit....

Even before I even looked at the price, I was amazed on how BAD this replica looks as compared to the REAL Ferrari... :

Man, talk about taking a beautiful exotic like the 550 and turning into an UGLY, totally out-of-proportion replica....This kit does not fool anyone; it's build on a Vette and it looks like a Vette inside and out...

No wonder they don't even show a profile shot of the completed replica on their website...that's how bad it looks
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

I think if I was going to build a car like that I would have at least used a C5 corvette with an LS motor rather than a C4.
    I love the way the real 550 looks but I am not crazy about the kit.

I like the kit but its to expensive for me to pay C6 Z06 pricing for a C4 vette with a ferrari body kit. :

Id rather build a Corvette based Testarossa. ;D

I would buy the kit if it was in the $3,000 range. It requires alot of modifications. I love the 550 but for that price I would expect something alot more accurate.