Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a question to all of you

Here's a question to all of you

Especially to those with completed cars.

How often do you get challenged while driving your kitcar by other cars to race?.

I'm sure some of you guys have some funny and interesting storys.

Re: Here's a question to all of you

I think mine looks enough like the real thing to intimidate them. No one here wants to challenge a 200 mph car.

I would say 1 out of every 3 times I take my Diablo replica out I get someone wanting to race : . I just smile and shake my head

I just had my 69th birthday. Maybe that's why I'm not challenged.

First 10 minutes after I bought my Testarossa replica, I was driving down the highway and a GTO pulls up next to me, goes down to my speed, and guns it

I can't even describe how many people (mostly kids) try and race my car.. It seems every kid in a Mustang, Honda, SUV, Pickup truck, minivan, you name it pulls up along side of me and punches it
    Sometimes I entertain them if they have a fast car and egg them on and when they punch it I wait a second and let them get ahead a little bit so when I blow past them I am doing about 100mph.. I jump from 60 to 100 mph in about 2-3 seconds so it is very impressive.. Most of the time I just punch it for a split second and jump ahead of them to prove a point.. I always get thumbs up after I show off a bit and I almost feel obligated driving a Ferrari that I need to prove to them that a Ferrari is one seriously bad ass car.. You would not believe the looks on thier faces looking out the window at me when thier "fast" Mustand GT that was winning the race for the first two seconds suddenly feels like it is standing still when I pass them.. ;D 8)

It's not really a race when all I have to do is punch it for a second or two and prove a point, but It's much safer than the long, drawn out race you have with slower cars trying to prove who is faster.. I have been there..

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    I think mine looks enough like the real thing to intimidate them. No one here wants to challenge a 200 mph car.
    Some of those guys will race anything. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by viperedvette
    I would say 1 out of every 3 times I take my Diablo replica out I get someone wanting to race : . I just smile and shake my head
    I'm willing to bet you get a lot of attention from the honda guys. ;D

I like the 1 and 3 times ratio. When I was driving my Sterling as a daily driver, it would be at least once a day. I would never race because when in doubt, I will be pulled over first, racing is for the track and that 60hp thing. Then again, even if I had a fast car, why race a stock Civic or minivan.

I would look around first and if I saw a cop, I would rev the engine and do little jumps to try to get the other guy to think that I was going to race, and then I would go slow. It has not worked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    I like the 1 and 3 times ratio. When I was driving my Sterling as a daily driver, it would be at least once a day. I would never race because when in doubt, I will be pulled over first, racing is for the track and that 60hp thing. Then again, even if I had a fast car, why race a stock Civic or minivan.

I would look around first and if I saw a cop, I would rev the engine and do little jumps to try to get the other guy to think that I was going to race, and then I would go slow. It has not worked yet.
    Lol!! I have witnessed a couple guys who really had a hard-on to race me and were really getting P.O'd that I wasn't, so at one of the lights they sat and did a brake torque really trying to show off.......when the smoke cleared there was a police car right behind them with their lights on. I just laughed and gave a thumbs up as i slowly drove away! ;D

HAHAHA! COPS, there always around when you DON'T need them. ;D