Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SLS AMG anyone?!!!!

SLS AMG anyone?!!!!

same basic shape and amazing donor USA anyone?

Re: SLS AMG anyone?!!!!

Looks like a good donor from the pics, but wuts the specs say?

Greeeat idea!
    Now, who is making this?

Looks like one would have to stretch the nose about 7" too.

Whoa, you really got something here. Excellent job picking up the S2000 for the donor !

As the gullwing doors will be hard to replicate, I'd recommend the unreleased SLS roadster/cabriolet which will have regular opening doors and soft-top. It's much easier and preliminary work can already be done.

I hope DNA and Dave are reading this as they are the very top two candidates for the job. Keep up the good work!

sls dimensions:

wheelbase:106in

length:182.6in

width:76.3in

height:49.7in

curb weight: 3,600lb

s2000 dimensions:

wheelbase:94.5in

length:162.7in

width 68.9in

height:50.0

curb weight:2,864lb

The wheelbase has a difference of 11.5in however in the making of the replica a stretch of 4-5in in front of the engine would make it proportional. also a company already has a ls1 conversion for the s2000.

the s2k is a very small car in real life. It does look like it could work with a stretch. The SLS is a beautiful car, hope it does get made.

when I say stretch I mean the front suspension supports like extreme does with the rear ones on the ex murcie. This causes the physics of the car to be similar to the SLS due to the fact that the engine is in the same place causing it to become a front-mid engine car. After that the entire drivetran can be taken out and sold for decent money that can go towards a corvette ls1 or mercedes 6.3 v8 drivetran being swaped in. I hope to have enough money to start in about 3 years while im in the military. with a upper frame fabrication the gullwing doors could be made

Sorry I had to use photobuckets crappy excuse for picture mods. this is just a basic look not completed.

well if the kit is made for the s2000, its quite likely the same kit will fit the Honda Del Sol aswell. Both have a near identical wheel base, length, and the windshield line might actually be slightly better on the del so. I would imagine the Del Sol is a LOT cheaper and easier to stretch.

true facts you stated there but the door line, distance between the door and wheel well is extremely small, the roof is quite a bit off and the del sol is fwd. so all in all it would take extreme modifications to get it even close but it would be a good donor for a lotus replica.