Thread: G28 roadster top

G28 roadster top

My G28 is in the top shop right now getting a one piece replica of the Genaddi top. I'll post pictures when it's done. After that I will redo the interior, then wide track suspension with 13" rotors and a 4t65ehd with tap shift so that I can punch the vortec sbc without blowing the tranny. I've already replaced the isuzu once.

Re: G28 roadster top

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    My G28 is in the top shop right now getting a one piece replica of the Genaddi top. I'll post pictures when it's done. After that I will redo the interior, then wide track suspension with 13" rotors and a 4t65ehd with tap shift so that I can punch the vortec sbc without blowing the tranny. I've already replaced the isuzu once.
    How much did you pay for the top if you don't mind, I'm looking for one as well?

I don't know yet. He estimated $1500 and I think it will be that much at least. I'm hoping it doesn't go over that and I'm pretty sure it won't be less. It's all custom work. Welded aluminum frame with aluminum skin and then covered with top grade convertible top material, some kind of headliner and a plexiglass rear window for now. He's getting into it and the attention the car gets in his shop. He said that he's saving his templates in the hope that he might sell more of them. One of the things he spotted right off was that the hump behind the passenger side is higher than the drivers side by about two inches. I'm not sure if all G28s are like this, but my top will be built with this feature to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    I don't know yet. He estimated $1500 and I think it will be that much at least. I'm hoping it doesn't go over that and I'm pretty sure it won't be less. It's all custom work. Welded aluminum frame with aluminum skin and then covered with top grade convertible top material, some kind of headliner and a plexiglass rear window for now. He's getting into it and the attention the car gets in his shop. He said that he's saving his templates in the hope that he might sell more of them. One of the things he spotted right off was that the hump behind the passenger side is higher than the drivers side by about two inches. I'm not sure if all G28s are like this, but my top will be built with this feature to deal with.
    I'm interested... please keep us posted on how this turns out?

If it turns out looking like a nice job, I may be next in line if he's thinking of selling a another one.

Thanks,

Chris

Welcome aboard...

All the best in finishing your build that you picked up from Rob.

Sincerely,

MURCenary 8)

I'll post pictures when it's done. It's not going to be cheap. He told me today that he will hold it under $2000. I am going to sacrifice headroom in order to stay faithful to the lambo lines. I'm sure that I will have to lower the seat for the headroom. Maybe we can take a splash from it in fibreglass.