Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elegant Motors Countach on Ebay -Anyone know about this car?

Elegant Motors Countach on Ebay -Anyone know about this car?

A friend of mine is considering bidding on this Countach on Ebay built by Elegant Motors. He asked me about it, but I couldn't tell him much. Anyone familiar with this company and what the quality of their product was?

The actual car up for auction looks pretty decent. Tube chassis, 454 engine. Lines look pretty accurate and it appears to have separate flares and bumpers. However, I've never seen this type of rear tail and the wheelbase looks a bit long. Look at the rear quarter windows..........Doesn't the car look too long? What do you guys think??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...item1c100d6219

Re: Elegant Motors Countach on Ebay -Anyone know about this car?

That car has been for sale since I was still in high school like 2004.

I wanted to buy it but didn't have the money. The only thing I know about the company is its pretty old, there's only 3 of them world wide of those replica's. The wheel base is longer than the original countach.

I like it though but if I'm shooting for an original look thats one Id stay clear of.

If your looking for a real looking countach you might wanna check out euroworks. www.euroworksltd.com if they are still in business but they are without a doubt the best countach kits on the market.

bxtech, as i posted on the other thread that car is elegant's stretched version of the sienna, i have their normal 25th sitting in my shop the very one used in many of their photo shoots ( with the girls ;D ;D) i been building a new chassis for it. and after many conversations and measuring the body i have is extremely accurate. and for its age the glass work has stood up better than any vette i seen. but like vf wrote that one is a stretched version. if your not going for accuracy but want a great body and all then go for it. otherwise i would stand clear. but for as rare as them cars are starting to get whats the chance's someone might notice. the thing with the countach is its looks and even to this day them cars still can catch more of a crowd than any of the other body styles i think the same still goes for the tessy also.

this should help clear up the difference... real, so check the wheelbase

Will

Skull is sort of right, Euroworks has the Mirage S, it's a beautiful replicanot, not 100 % accurate but as we all know, these are kits. They are not the only game in town, Armstrong also made a Countach, may still....Then there's Udo out of Canada...Udo's is spot on..the most accurate by far, period. It even has curved side window frames. Remember, I've been studying Marks real 89 25th Anniversary Countach for a couple years now taking tons of measurements to ensure the accuracy of my replica. I've measured and studied his car with a fine tooth comb and my dial calipers ;D, and hope to transfer this knowledge to mine. Elegante' Motors made a gorgeous 25th with a few things wrong, but this replica on the auction is definitly a stretch and the wrong wheelbase for a Countach as we know it. Just look how far back the rear wheelhflairs are from the NACA duct in the door.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by cliffscustomfab
    bxtech, as i posted on the other thread that car is elegant's stretched version of the sienna, i have their normal 25th sitting in my shop the very one used in many of their photo shoots ( with the girls ;D ;D) i been building a new chassis for it. and after many conversations and measuring the body i have is extremely accurate. and for its age the glass work has stood up better than any vette i seen. but like vf wrote that one is a stretched version. if your not going for accuracy but want a great body and all then go for it. otherwise i would stand clear. but for as rare as them cars are starting to get whats the chance's someone might notice. the thing with the countach is its looks and even to this day them cars still can catch more of a crowd than any of the other body styles i think the same still goes for the tessy also.
    Cliff id really like to see some of your work.

I actually know a little about Elegant motors I visted their location about 20 years ago. I was looking for a countach kit at the time and they had a nice kit. The over stretched wheel base kit I think looks terrible the idea was to reduce the cost of the porsche transaxle by using a standard set-up with a th350 and narrowed rear. I am not sure if only 3 were sold/built but if I am not mistaken Jimmy from exotic illusions had one for a while. http://www.kitcar.com/exotic/home.html I am not sure if he still has it I haven't talked to jimmy in a few years.

I may even still have some of the old brochures somewhere in the basement.

Mike

The wheelbase as I remember was 119" as opposed to 98.5" for the manufactured car. I have info somewhere around here. I have wanted to do a 25th for along time and collected info on most replica manufactures through the years.

Grant

yeap it does look a little too long, but then at 100 miles per hour who is going to notice ;D

just a wee bit ;D

Disclaimer: these are not my images, just one's I've collected overe the years of my favorite car, hope they don't mind...