Thread: 355/308 Where are the listings.

355/308 Where are the listings.

Been looking for a stretched 355 or another mera to add to the fleet, any idea where all the ads have run off to. I know fleabay has been pulling most stuff left and right and there is nothing in the mall here.
    1987 Mera (Sold)<br />1997 Riot (Sold)<br />1956 Vintage 356 (Sold)<br />Elite 917 (Sold)<br />65 Shelby cobra protoype (Sold)<br /><br />Looking for a complete TR512/ 550 spyder/ 356 Outlaw/ Unimog 416 Doka

Re: 355/308 Where are the listings.

It's funny,

The market (if you could call it that) for 308 kits and Mera's seems to go in "spurts". The buyers (at least for the 308's and Mera's) seem to also "come and go".

I actually had a few contact me about my 308 before I started the V8 swap but it seems that many in this hobby seem to have larger eyes than wallets so I didn't think they were that serious. Well... maybe one guy was, since he asked if I'd consider selling it once the engine and trans were in and he could make some finishing touches to it.

I find out last month that a coworker has a new Corvette on order and is selling his current Z06 come Spring. Very Tempting to say the least. I now have 6 friends with various year Corvettes that are planning a road trip for this Summer. It's been about 20 years since the last 73 I had. It would be fun to have another.... Maybe I'll call that guy!

(More info than you needed I'm sure). It sound's like you're in no rush to add to the collection so I'm sure things will pop up and you have time to find exactly what you're looking for. I agree with you, I've seen quite a bit on Ebay. Some nice and some not so nice but most of it seems to get pulled in short order..
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Re: 355/308 Where are the listings.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBringer
    Been looking for a stretched 355 or another mera to add to the fleet, any idea where all the ads have run off to. I know fleabay has been pulling most stuff left and right and there is nothing in the mall here.
    Most people posting in here or those who visit and only read the Forums seem to be full of ideas and criticism about everyone else's work...Most of them have NO MONEY to buy anything expensive but like to dream big. So what's the point of listing an expensive replica for sale in this Forum? It's mostly a waste of time..

I've sold and bought many cars and parts off eBay in the last 10 years and never had any major issues...Others have not been as lucky and have had bad experiences on eBay. I have 3 cars for sale on eBay right now (under different ids) and one of them is a 308 replica...do a search and you'll find it.

Good luck in your search

Life is too short to be driving Hondas!