Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know this 355 for sale in New Jersey?

Anyone know this 355 for sale in New Jersey?

Does anyone recognize this car?

http://www.lancemotors.net/inventory...view&Id=210152

Other than the top looking pretty bad and the standard Fiero interior, looks decent. I found a few posts with Lance Motors referenced, anyone deal with them? Page says car has a V8, although picture shows standard V6. He also has a V8 328 advertised and a horrible firebird/V8 conversion.

I'm reviving my dream of getting a 355, maybe this could be it.

Re: Anyone know this 355 for sale in New Jersey?

I'm about a 1.5 hours away here in PA. The 355 also looks like it has the seperate rockers (At least what I can see from the pics).. That's a nice touch. I'm wondering what they did with the windows if the doors are now smaller.

At first, I was wondering if it actually had side windows. I didn't see any side windows in any of the pics but in that last "door open" shot, It looks like the window is there. I'm not too familiar with the 355's but I'm pretty sure if you modify them to have a solid rocker (that does not open with the door), you have to do some glass work since the fiero windows would no longer be able to go to a fully down position. I've seen a number of 355's with solid rockers where the owners just removed the door glass. I guess that's ok for a "fair weather car".

Other than the interior being stock and the Top like you mention, it looks like a nice canidate. A V8 or 3800SC would really take it to another level.

If I'm not mistaken, that F-Body replica was purchased from Ebay for something like $4k or $5K and has been listed for quite some time now. I think it started at $19K or something like that. (Boy, those F-Body 308's really have a strange look to them to say the least. I think they were called a Machivelli or something like that.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

I tried to deal with Lance once before.. I know he marks the price way up compared to what he buys them for and was not very flexible on his pricing.. Also, I do seriously recomend you inspect the car in person and not rely on his description.. At least you can go look the car over and drive it and even if a bit over priced, it's still cheaper than building one..

Yeah that 355 top may look a bit funky when it's up, but at least it has a top in case a rain cloud pops up.. 8)

Thats a pretty good looking car overall. I am not positive what kind of kit it is, but I think that it is a Mirage kit.

Other than needing a lot of work on the roof and some work on the tail lights, it looks ok. You definatley couldn't build a car to that point for that price. If you could get him down another couple thousand dollars, that would be a great car to start with.

That whole is kit from coolcustomcars.com It might have been built by Ron himself.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00
    That whole is kit from coolcustomcars.com It might have been built by Ron himself.
    Oh yeah... I forgot Ron started doing split rockers. I think John Watson helped him get that figured out.

Dude, Buy an MR2 and give xtreme a call.

Those Fiero based 355's are god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel

Excuse me??

Wow.... you picked the wrong forum to say that.... :-)

I totally disagree with that. There are some AWESOME Fiero based 355 replicas out there... and in my opinion very few good MR2 355's. The MR2 is good for the 430/360, but not for the 355. There is something about the dimensions thats just not quite right. Plus, with an MR2 you are pretty limited on engine options.

: