Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercy-4 Kit?

Mercy-4 Kit?

This is my first post so I hope its in the right place. But has anybody ever worked with/completed a Mercy-4 kit from Car Kit Inc? Its the one that uses the Camaro/Firebird as the donor car. Im thinking of starting the kit since I dont have to use a Fiero as the base, and I can drop a LS7 in a camaro ;D.

Re: Mercy-4 Kit?

welcome to the world of madness that is the kitcarsforum sometimes,whatever you build i wish you well.
    i know nothing about murcies except they are fabulous looking things,again welcome
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by joey24x18
    This is my first post so I hope its in the right place. But has anybody ever worked with/completed a Mercy-4 kit from Car Kit Inc? Its the one that uses the Camaro/Firebird as the donor car. Im thinking of starting the kit since I dont have to use a Fiero as the base, and I can drop a LS7 in a camaro ;D.
    I've never worked on the kit but I have been keeping my eye on this kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQk0GVlbZCQ

I currently own the donor car if I was going to build one of these I would go with an early LT1 car to keep the cost dirt cheap, by the time you swap in an LS7 you might as well should do it on a Fiero chassis. I might decide to go with the kit but I really don't want to do another fbody.

Not bad though. It will give all the 4th gens new life.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel

I currently own the donor car if I was going to build one of these I would go with an early LT1 car to keep the cost dirt cheap, by the time you swap in an LS7 you might as well should do it on a Fiero chassis. I might decide to go with the kit but I really don't want to do another fbody.

Well i was just saying I could ;D. And I have no desire to go near a Fiero. Im planning on purchasing a 94 firebird in the next couple months.

looks cool.

and you could actually have the performance to match the looks!

Well i was just saying I could ;D. And I have no desire to go near a Fiero. Im planning on purchasing a 94 firebird in the next couple months.
    First welcome to the forum.

Second....since you harp on the point several times....what's so wrong with the fiero? Not to be a smart --- but at least your engine would be in the 'right' place. I have owned several fieros and have worked with f-body cars in the past. Since your new here tell us why someone should stay away from the fiero like it has ebola. It or a custom tube frame are by far the most popular for replicas, that might tell you something.

Again welcome.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by F40 LM

First welcome to the forum.

Second....since you harp on the point several times....what's so wrong with the fiero? Not to be a smart --- but at least your engine would be in the 'right' place. I have owned several fieros and have worked with f-body cars in the past. Since your new here tell us why someone should stay away from the fiero like it has ebola. It or a custom tube frame are by far the most popular for replicas, that might tell you something.

Again welcome.

michael
    Well im not saying its a bad car for replicas. But its not the best platform for the racing rig im looking to complete soon. Im not very picky about details so the engine in the front wont be too much of a problem for me. Plus I dont like the fact that I would have to get a car from the 80's. Anything over the age of 20 is not going to hold up the power I am planning on putting into this project.

Well im not saying its a bad car for replicas. But its not the best platform for the racing rig im looking to complete soon. Im not very picky about details so the engine in the front wont be too much of a problem for me. Plus I dont like the fact that I would have to get a car from the 80's. Anything over the age of 20 is not going to hold up the power I am planning on putting into this project.
    Ya, those 80's camaro's (and much older) dont hold up at all huh (or the chevelles, or novas, or any other old car)? come on man, there are several very powerful fiero's out there, including a local guy that has 550hp out of a v8. Give it a shot. Or dont. But please dont come here and pretend you know anything about the fiero.

Quote Originally Posted by visitor

Ya, those 80's camaro's (and much older) dont hold up at all huh (or the chevelles, or novas, or any other old car)? come on man, there are several very powerful fiero's out there, including a local guy that has 550hp out of a v8. Give it a shot. Or dont. But please dont come here and pretend you know anything about the fiero.
    Thats not what im saying. Im saying that when it comes down to it, an f body car is going to hold up quite alot better than a stretched fiero. And sure, that man may of got 550 hp out of his fiero, but its still noit going to compare to a newer camaro/firebird in the long run. I diddnt come herre saying I was an expert on fieros, but with all the work involved on making it to that type of performance, it would be alot better and logical to start on something that could handle it.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that statement either. The Fiero can take lots of abuse if done right. The "newer" Firebird/Camaros aren't any stronger chassis wise, as a matter of fact , I think you may find the Fiero is a stronger platform, even with a stretch, if done properly.

Will