Thread: UK Kit Car mags in the US and Canada?

UK Kit Car mags in the US and Canada?

First off, let me say Hi. (There are some people on this forum who already know me from my postings on a UK kit car owners site - DNAOC)

As I've just had my car featured on the front cover of a UK mag along with the kit's manufacturer's demonstrator, I wondered if those mags actually got around the world and whether they really inspired people to build cars? Do we have it tough in the UK with the IVA, or is it worse in say, Canada?

Anyway, if you're interested in pics of my DNA 3sixty, or the DNA 4thirty, feel free to drop by the DNA Owners Club web site.

- tenpin

Re: UK Kit Car mags in the US and Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by tenpin
    First off, let me say Hi. (There are some people on this forum who already know me from my postings on a UK kit car owners site - DNAOC)

As I've just had my car featured on the front cover of a UK mag along with the kit's manufacturer's demonstrator, I wondered if those mags actually got around the world and whether they really inspired people to build cars? Do we have it tough in the UK with the IVA, or is it worse in say, Canada?

Anyway, if you're interested in pics of my DNA 3sixty, or the DNA 4thirty, feel free to drop by the DNA Owners Club web site.

- tenpin
    I dont know, but I would LOVE to subscribe in the US if I could!

Well, if you want a quick peek at what's going on in the UK have a look at www.completekitcar.co.uk - they have excerpts from their latest issues there.

- tenpin

If you are after UK magazines in the US, ask Barnes and Noble nicely.
    They currently buy in a number of UK magazines For me such as... And don't judge me... Max Power, Redline, Fast Car, Kitcar and Topgear.
    Only down side is they cost between $10 and $14 EACH!
    You can buy two or three US magazines for that but there is a serious difference in content that makes it worth while for me.
    I tell the wife it's just an expense she has to put up with for me living in the US rather than the UK. Well that and Jammy Dodgers when I can get them!

Great to see you on this forum Tenpin!

More positive stuff rather than this sucks, he's ripped me off, splashing is / isn't acceptable blah blah.

tenpin, welcome.

I have Roland place a couple issues in with our shipments so we can give them to our US customers. I might have a couple of extra copies if anyone wants them.

pics pleeeease,edd ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by DNA Autoworks
    tenpin, welcome.

I have Roland place a couple issues in with our shipments so we can give them to our US customers. I might have a couple of extra copies if anyone wants them.

yes please!!!
    I think you might have my address. I can send you a stamped envelope if it helps

Not a problem, I will hold one for you.