Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM sues Ohio company for rare vette replicas

GM sues Ohio company for rare vette replicas

Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Re: GM sues Ohio company for rare vette replicas

Thats stupid.

So, when was the last time anyone saw something besides "stupid" from Government Motors? One only has to find an Aztec to see what I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by TLyttle
    So, when was the last time anyone saw something besides "stupid" from Government Motors? One only has to find an Aztec to see what I mean...
    My Sister was sooo close to buying one of those spaceships and I talked her out of it. Those things seriously are the ugliest car ever produced.

GM cant get money the normal way by selling cars so they thought they would rip off the little guys. Its not the little guys fault that Gm was stupid and only made 5 cars that everyone would want..idiots..

Oh no, gm is trying to protect trademarks, prevent someone from making a replica! what stupid fools, omgomgomg. Guys get real here. I love replicas (wouldnt be here if i didnt) but lets be honest about what we are dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by visitor
    Oh no, gm is trying to protect trademarks, prevent someone from making a replica! what stupid fools, omgomgomg. Guys get real here. I love replicas (wouldnt be here if i didnt) but lets be honest about what we are dealing with.
    Ok...here is my .02 worth on this. I understand the want to protecting trademarks really I do. But it gets to a point, like with a car, that I don't see what the harm is. I mean how many people with the MEANS to buy a real Murcy, F360 or one of these 4 million dollar Vettes is going to buy/build a replica instead of buying the real deal. The only way my build is taking from ferrari is the fact I came very close to saving my pennies and buying say a real 308. Its the only one I like with in easy price range, and ferrari has already made its money off of it, except for the $4,000 tune ups that were the main reason why I went this route. Again, not trying to start a fight on this, there are too many pickering contests on this furom as it is in my opinion. Just my thoughts on this issue.

Besides, keep in mind GM now stands for Goverment Motors in a way. So naturally the IQ points will seem to drop the longer it is so.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Like anybody would wanna replicate anything from GM ;D

Thats a laughing matter!

I can write a whole book with how much craptastic, idiotic designs came from GM.

Lets just say I knew Pontiac was gonna kick the bucket when I saw the G8 as the Pontiac bands flashship car.

And behold it happened just as I thought it would. ;D

guys, you need to understand GM is FORCED to protect its trademarks by suing...if they dont, they can lose their trademarks.

Also, if you read the article, GM DOES allow other companies to make replicas, all they have to do is pay a licensing fee, which this company did not.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    Like anybody would wanna replicate anything from GM ;D

Thats a laughing matter!

I can write a whole book with how much craptastic, idiotic designs came from GM.

Lets just say I knew Pontiac was gonna kick the bucket when I saw the G8 as the Pontiac bands flashship car.

And behold it happened just as I thought it would. ;D
    pontiac: driving excrement