Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F40 Rear Glass - How much?

Ferrari F40 Rear Glass - How much?

I am contemplating in purchasing a F40 kit and it is missing the rear plexiglass engine cover. I believe this part is hard to get and costly. Any ideas??? Also, the kit I am trying to buy does not have the Pop-Up light cut or the front turn signal bucket area. It is just a hood without any marking in regards to the front headlight or turn signals? Is this normal? What should I pay for?
    Thanks

Re: Ferrari F40 Rear Glass - How much?

As for the rear window it is not as hard to come by as you would think. The kit you refer to is not uncommon, I know there is at least one company that always does theirs like that.

Any idea how much for the rear glass? So, I will have to cut out the headlight bucket and fabricate the turn signal bucket as well, right?
    thanks

Norm has the rear glass available but you would have to check with him for current pricing. That front clip sounds perfect to set up as an LM front clip because you would have a clean slate to start with.

I believe Norm has them for 550.00 louvers uncut and 650.00 cut out plus shipping.

get a hold of V8Archie, his kit the bucket is not molded in and you bond it in afterwords, might be able to buy just the buckets.

I think the kit you are looking at is the one you see 300ZX headlights mounted in.

The kit I purchased from Mr. Ferrari came with the front buckets which I will not use since I am making it LM style. I probably could sell you mine for a very good price but it would have to wait until this summer when I am back in the states.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Is this the way your hood looks now? You mention it has no markings. Marks came to me with very easy to follow lines in the fiberglass showing where to cut the hood but they were too small to see in most pics. Have you seen the ood in person yet?

michael
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

I haven't purchase it yet...But, it looks just like the hood in the picture. There is no marking at all on the hood. I will have to cut both headlight areas as well as where the turn-signal lights goes. Did all the F40 kits come that way? I am sorry, but new to the F40 kit. What is the LM Style? And, yes, if you don't mind can you save the bucket if I decide to buy the kit. How much are you asking? I need to add to my budget if I decide to purchase the F40 kit? What is a good price for a F40 kit without the rear glass?

Thanks
    AK

If I was to do an F40 build today I'd forget that kit and purchase a body from plasticfantastic of the "F40 slow but worth it" thread. Just my two cents!