Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what body this is?

Anyone know what body this is?

Looking to add another Lambo to my garage and saw this in my area

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Anyone know anything about this build/kit? Is that a DR body? Whats up with the wheels?

Re: Anyone know what body this is?

Quote Originally Posted by f430Scuddy

Anyone know anything about this build/kit? Is that a DR body? Whats up with the wheels?
    My initial thoughts are that it is an IFG/Warlock kit
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Quote Originally Posted by f430Scuddy

I asked the seller why the rear wheels looked crocked and he answered back:

" because the rear axles are brand new and need to be aligned" Hmmm?? ???

I think the wheelbase of this replica was not stretched correctly and when the Lambo body was put on it the rear wheels are almost touching the wheel arches, instead of being centered. I believe someone else has commented on that same thing.

Ask the seller and see what he says to you...
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Called him and he told me the same thing it needed alignment? You can't align center can you? You'd have to move the mounting points on the chassis?

I agree with goyal99,

I think there may be an "issue with the stretch" (To me, the pass side looks a little worse than the drivers side but it may be the angle of the pic).

Either way, it's not a "simple alignment" no question about it.

For the right price , I'd be up for re-doing the stretch though. It does kind of look like a Warlock kit to me. A "local here in PA" had a D&R kit and this one looks a bit different. I like it though.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Ask the seller how the rear suspension is set up. If he used adjustable rear pivots that might be what needs to be adjusting, it's what I am using. But I don't think that will compensate for the problem completely. Was he the builder of the car? If not see if you can get the contact info onthe builder and talk to them.

michael
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

I think the builder had a kitcentral.com build diary.

No alignment problem. He should of measured twice before his stretch. Car looks pretty darn nice otherwise. For the right price you could correct the issue. I would be cautious and check out all the welding on the car. Since the stretch is so far off. I would really look carefully at the rest. I would also not believe a word the seller is telling you otherwise. He should obviously know their is a problem with the stretch.

Well, if the seller is not willing to be upfront and truthful about the frame stretch issue (assuming that's the actual problem) then how can be trusted with anything else about this replica??

Even if the selling price is right, would you trust him or his word on other critical issues like welding, reinforcement, engine transplant, wiring, etc??

Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

F40 LM,

What's the purpose / advantage of the pivot you are using? Just curious. (I'm not familiar with the larger stretches required for some of the Lambos. It would seem to me that I'd want it "in the jig" measured up and welded solid.

That's good to know about the pivot. Is it meant for an adjustment for "tracking" or are there other advantages. Good to know.

I agee with goyall99 (again). I would think that if the seller (perhaps he's just not familiar) knew about the stretch, he would at the very least elaborate on what EXACTLY is required for this "minimal" ajustment.

That being said, I too would'nt really trust anything else he said but upon a visual inspection of the car, if I felt a "re-stretch" would correct it (provided the price was right), I'd still be on board with it.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.