Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope for AD355 spiders

Hope for AD355 spiders

I have a shop thread in the mall about my new shop in Ga. but I wanted to post this here.

For the last few weeks I have been working on a new convertable top for the 355 spider kits. I know this is a problem spot on this kit as well as others. this top I am building is new not a reworked one as I get farther allong I will post more pics of it.
    here is what I have so far.
    PM me if you have any questions. once I get this one worked out I will see about building more to help your builds as well.
    D.

Re: Hope for AD355 spiders

You have my attention. Subscribing.

Keep the info coming.

Wow..........nice work! Looking great!

WOW - you're the man!

As you build this, please keep in mind that the AD 355 using an OEM engine cover comes up much farther than the car you are using for your mock up. I think it is about an inch or so past the firewall. If you need some ballpark measurements and pictures, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by tobygaff
    As you build this, please keep in mind that the AD 355 using and OEM engine cover comes up much farther than the car you are using for your mock up. I think it is about an inch or so past the firewall. If you need some ballpark measurements and pictures, let me know.
    I am aware of this and I will be able to make one for that one as well. I will just have to change the size of the folding hinge I am building to make it fit.
    of corse I will need someone with that car first to get the size right. the top for this car is no easy task and I know a lot of people have tried. I think you all will be happy with the outcome of this top. I will keep all of you posted.
    D.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Excellent work one of the better looking tops i have seen ,just a Question, will you be making a jig so you can build the convertible frame on a table , fill in the sheet metal area , & ship an yes the IFG style kit is different from the AD / Bartman Kits
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

HI all,

Any chance on u making a boot also?
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Quote Originally Posted by pavo_rodddy
    HI all,

Great idea. I think the factory boots are about 4 inches too narrow. I would love to see someone make a boot with embroidery like this one.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tobygaff
    Quote Originally Posted by pavo_rodddy
    HI all,

Great idea. I think the factory boots are about 4 inches too narrow. I would love to see someone make a boot with embroidery like this one.

if you can find some cheap material for a pattern i can have my upholstry guy do them from a pattern cut out of cheap material
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!