Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making R-venton seats

Making R-venton seats

I plan to build the Reventon seats (for those who don't know me, I'm making body plans). I have a good 3D model of the seat. Before I build it, I'd like to know if it would fit in a car, but there isn't any replicas or kitcar shops within 500km where I live. So I need your help to confirm if the seat with the current measures fits to a kitcar and offers enough room for the occupant. If anyone has a (100% copy of oem) Diablo seat, I think that's close enough to the Reventon, I'ts only a bit wider.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9660/seatg.jpg

Re: Making R-venton seats

hi
    are the seats going to be made out of fiberglass (buckets) or cushions

maybe you should make them to fit the fiero donor or MR2 this way lots of people will buy them from you even for other replicas

It will be made of fiberglass. I don't know the best way to upholster a seat, but I saw other seats that were made of 2 piece shells (the one you sit in, and the back cover) so this will be made the same way. Any suggestions are accepted about how to build the seat so it can be easily upholstered.

About the size: 2 things i want to know about the size, 1. is the height. I want to be sure it will fit into cars. 2. is the space for the passanger. I want to be sure if average people will fit into this seat. It seems a bit narrow for me, but I leave you to judge comparing with other sport seats' measurements.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

E1 IS 13" E2 IS 16.4" F IS 16.4" AS STATED BEFORE GET ONE FIERO SEAT AN REFERENCE IT TO MAKE SURE IT WILL FIT WITH THE DOOR CLOSED ,I USED THE 2 PC MODIFIED DIABLO SEAT SHELL MADE BY CRP FOR A PERSON 6'1" AN WIDEN IN THE BACK AN SEAT AREA ,DOUBLE CHECK MY NO. because the back of the R-venton seat has wing that flare out in a different angle , the diablo sides of the seat just come forward so 10.2 -11 may be as wide as you can go

http://www.madmechanics.com/the-mall...182/#msg154182

i just went out to the shed ,measured the 2 pc fiberglass seat shell it is 34.5" tall an from front to back on the fiberglass bottom is 17" with no foam so your no are good their

Do you have the R-venton Roadster outside gas door 3d file exterior

pm me about the progress of the seat i need it
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Thanks for the info IKR. Unfortunately a Fiero seat is harder to find than a replica seat, because I live in eastern Europe. The widest part of the seat is at "D". If that part of the seat doesn't get too close to the B pillar or the window, the door should not touch the seet elswere, at least that's what I think.

I have to make some room for this project, I can't wait to see how it will look like in real, and of course how it will feel like sitting in it :

o k i cannot wait to see some progress
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

OK, I'm ready to build the seat. The last but important thing I need to know, how thick is the upholstery foam (I don't know the exact name of the material)? I have to make the seat bigger, so after it will be covered with the foam and upholstered, it will be the actual size. I'm guessing a foam of 2.5cm (1in) thick should be enough.

update on the seat top ,i need one as soon as you can get it done ,please post any progress or send pic to my email italianknightrider@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by di48lo
    Thanks for the info IKR. Unfortunately a Fiero seat is harder to find than a replica seat, because I live in eastern Europe. The widest part of the seat is at "D". If that part of the seat doesn't get too close to the B pillar or the window, the door should not touch the seet elswere, at least that's what I think.

I have to make some room for this project, I can't wait to see how it will look like in real, and of course how it will feel like sitting in it :
    That is a very true.

Have you ever considered using S2000 seats?. or Supra seats? They are pretty identical to the fiero ones. :

Sorry for I haven't posted lately. This project is moving slower than I thought. Some of you guys requested some photos, so here you are. Unfortunately there's nothing much to see yet, I built the mold from foam and all you see is a big box. At the bottom you can see inside it. You can see (the negative of) the bottom of the seat. The next step is apllying plaster (or putty, I don't know the right definition), and sanding it smooth.