Thread: Created another forum for us.

Created another forum for us.

http://visionfreedomx.forumotion.net/

This is one of my favorite forums to post on but I have decided to create my own Car forum and I created a section just for you kit car guys. My goal here is to perhaps get real exotic car owners and kitcar owners together on the same forum.

Also OrlandoM Brought up a very valid issue and that is there's a lot of critics who love to criticize other people's work and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of it so I'm going to run things my way. You guys are more than welcome to come post up on the forum and be free from @$$holes and traditionalists who knock on projects because your not building it to their standards.

Re: Created another forum for us.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    http://visionfreedomx.forumotion.net/

This is one of my favorite forums to post on but I have decided to create my own Car forum and I created a section just for you kit car guys. My goal here is to perhaps get real exotic car owners and kitcar owners together on the same forum.

Also OrlandoM Brought up a very valid issue and that is there's a lot of critics who love to criticize other people's work and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of it so I'm going to run things my way. You guys are more than welcome to come post up on the forum and be free from @$$holes and traditionalists who knock on projects because your not building it to their standards.
    Ok...I registered. I always am willing to trying to support folks. I agree there are some that do nothing but post negatives on some builds. All they seem to be able to do is point out what they consider mistakes etc. My next build will be a Murcy but was not planning to post much if any of it here due to these reasons. I will build mine on a budget, I know it won't be perfect, but it will be 'perfect' for me. And even now what little I am doing on the LM is mostly emailed to friends, not posted here.

So saying all this....tell us more about how you plan to change things? Where will the line be drawn? I don't want a forum that is to restrictive, and everyone will have a different opinion as to what will be 'going too far'. How do you plan to weed out scammers and spammers?

If up to me, I must admit I would like to see a 'next level' to this forum sometimes, maybe a paying members only section or something. Maybe a section where we could post picts of our builds by folder, type of work (frame stretching, etc) or type of car. And the search fuction here is so off the only way I can usually find something is to pop over to Google and type it in, usually if I scroll down there will be a madmechanics link.

I liked it better when we were the Kit Car Forum and thats what my Favorites link will always be called. I still call it by that name when I tell buddies about it. Old habits die hard. And while this change in name is not responsible, I think the forum has got a little off course last year or so. I am sure there are alot of factors and I welcome others to post thier ideas on how and why.

Now that I have spoken my .02 worth, I will sit back and wait for the incoming slams. :-\

michael

Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by F40 LM

So saying all this....tell us more about how you plan to change things? Where will the line be drawn? I don't want a forum that is to restrictive, and everyone will have a different opinion as to what will be 'going too far'. How do you plan to weed out scammers and spammers?

If up to me, I must admit I would like to see a 'next level' to this forum sometimes, maybe a paying members only section or something. Maybe a section where we could post picts of our builds by folder, type of work (frame stretching, etc) or type of car. And the search fuction here is so off the only way I can usually find something is to pop over to Google and type it in, usually if I scroll down there will be a madmechanics link.

I liked it better when we were the Kit Car Forum and thats what my Favorites link will always be called. I still call it by that name when I tell buddies about it. Old habits die hard. And while this change in name is not responsible, I think the forum has got a little off course last year or so. I am sure there are alot of factors and I welcome others to post thier ideas on how and why.

Now that I have spoken my .02 worth, I will sit back and wait for the incoming slams. :-\

michael

Well I must admit that this is my very first online forum that I'm going to be running. There's going to be automotive, storm chasing and such on the forum but right now its pretty small and will continue to grow over the next couple of months. For now its going to work out just fine. Things will change over a period of time.

The rules are going to be simple you can post whatever you want just as long as you be respectful to each other however when people post up comments that are very disrespecful towards others like "Your car is a POS" without joking and they start taking it on a personal level of insalting you then they will be sent to the court house to be determined if they will be banned or not. I refuse to take the same route as such sites as LP where they are absoulete jerks, respect will be given and if you disrespect than the banning stick will come out. Its when they take it that extra mile that the line is drawn and its like okay your gone.

As far as Spammers, scammers and trolls they will always be around, They will be dealt with just as any other forum would deal with them. I do plan on having a review forum where members can share their experiences with buyers and builders or even review a product they bought and thus feedback can be given as well.

I'm not sure about the pay members cause it is a free forum and another site is hosting it but I can check to see if I can make that possible. ;D

Thanks.

Dude, love your storm chaser section . You don't see that everyday on a car website. I will be registering soon.

Raj

Quote Originally Posted by meraaraj
    Dude, love your storm chaser section . You don't see that everyday on a car website. I will be registering soon.

Raj
    That caught my attention as well.. Very unusual, and yet very interesting.. 8)

Things are going to be moving slowly as i get help to run the forum. I had a lot of unexpected obliagions this week.

I posted a link on my youtube account and perhaps a bunch of folks will come on in.