Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Mercedes CLS63 AMG.

Help! Mercedes CLS63 AMG.

Good Morning guys,

I was told by Mercedes yesterday that I need front brakes and rotors for my car. They quoted me $2400 for the 2 rotors and brakes and an additional $600 for labor so $3k. As I don't want to pay that amount I was hoping somebody on here might point me in the right direction especialy in terms of the rotors as they are $947.50 each from the dealer.

I found some one piece rotors but then found out they wouldn't work on my car. The best price I have found is from evosport.com and that was $1299 for the fronts.

I appreciate all your help. Thanks.

Raj

Re: Help! Mercedes CLS63 AMG.

You have a CLS63?!??!

That is my dream sedan lol, if all is well I should be a proud owner of one in a couple of months! ;D

And arn't you covered by the warrenty up to 50k on the car? When I had my ML55 they covered everything at the dealership for free (brakes, oil changes, etc)

Hey fill-up, unfortunately normal wear and tear is not covered under my 40,000 mile warranty. My rotors are warped and as they consider this normal wear and tear and not a defect of any kind then this will be an out of pocket expense.

Raj

Quote Originally Posted by meraaraj
    Good Morning guys,

I was told by Mercedes yesterday that I need front brakes and rotors for my car. They quoted me $2400 for the 2 rotors and brakes and an additional $600 for labor so $3k. As I don't want to pay that amount I was hoping somebody on here might point me in the right direction especialy in terms of the rotors as they are $947.50 each from the dealer.

I found some one piece rotors but then found out they wouldn't work on my car. The best price I have found is from evosport.com and that was $1299 for the fronts.

I appreciate all your help. Thanks.

Raj
    You may want to check here. I have gotten pretty good prices on parts for my benz here before.

http://www.mbzwholesaleparts.com

Thanks tobygaff, but they were still $843 per rotor. I appreciate the help though.

Raj

Thanks tobygaff, but they were still $843 per rotor. I appreciate the help though.

Raj
    Ok, lets try again. How about this one:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/suspen...sl63-sl55.html

Try www.car-part.com There's a few places in the DFW that have these parts.

Meraaraj,

Let me make a recommendation

http://www.benzworld.org/

When I ran into a problem with my transmission on my C280 these guys showed me how to do a kind of minor overhaul on my transmission. Mind you I have no experience mechanically with vehicles. My first attempt any any kind of mechanical work on a car was may Mercedes transmission and yes I succeeded with the help of the very knowledgeable people on that forum. Mercedes was quoting me about 6 grand for the job. I took me 2 weeks and about 800 bucks! If you'd like to read the thread (interesting read) you can find some of the guys on that thread who could walk you trough the job as well as point you in the right direction to order parts at a reasonable price.

This is the thread to my resolved problem:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202...ny-please.html

Good Luck

Christian aka Ferrghini (aka BenzHell)

Hey Toby,

I called with the part # from the thread you provided and Mercedes said that these would not fit my car as it is the CLS63 with performance package. If I had no performance package I could use these. Still though, thanks for looking out man.

Raj

Quote Originally Posted by tobygaff

Raj
    Ok, lets try again. How about this one:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/suspen...sl63-sl55.html