Thread: Stupid question about vendors

Stupid question about vendors

Why dont we use some simple rules on here. I dont know about most of you but I am on a number of forums. There are i trader ratings, minimum post before using classifieds, rules etc.... I mean come on people we have 5 people on here building cars and 5 people selling them defective, missing parts or screwing them in general. From a life long automotive industry guy this is a bit crazy. People lets get a grip. If you buy something I can tell you if it can go wring it will. Locked up JDM supra engines, customs losing stuff because of missing documents, wrong address, stolen credit cards, broken parts. Hell I have even had 930 turbo rotors broken by UPS. But i still had to make it good. Insurance, tracking, etc... Its sort of simple on one end. If the cheap as customer refuses to pay for the next up USPS shipping with tracking and insurance, pass on the sale. If you ship it slow boat, non insured and it doesnt get there, your loss. Make it good. Cover your ass people and use common sense. I can have tons of things made. My old vendors range from abilities like tactical carbon fiber missle casings to full funny car bodies, cnc machines, mandrel bending and hell prototype suspension and coilovers. I just gave up trying to help anyone from the tuner / performance side expect for companies and have been afraid to get into this market. I am not here to say I will I am just stating I do know what I am talking about and when 4 of the 8 active topics become bitching it gets old quickly.

Re: Stupid question about vendors

LOL>..how good if u are here earlier!
    i'm not the kind of re-cycle...guess what colour i hate most!

what exactly was that response.

I totally agree. this forum used to be full of lots of people building cars and sharing information. Now it sounds like a bunch of 13 year olds complaining because they bought from the wrong person.

I think we need a new section called "Whining and Bitching" that we could move all of these posts to, and then ignore them forever, no matter how many times they post to it. Maybe we could even make it so that certain users can only post to that section!

I agree, and we do have a consumer opinion section, but I'm not sure I would have been aware of some of this from that section. The discussions do get pretty stupid sometimes, but they have been beneficial to me. I've avoided dealing with some especially because a they are unable or unwilling to resolve a minor complaint. If they can't resolve a small situation I sure won't send my money and hope that it works out better for me than others.

i also agree, i would love to share my knowledge and show how i do stuff but god it has me half afraid of posting anything on hear in fear that somebody would bitch and complain, and work that might only be half done be taken as a completed job and then look out you are a bad builder something in that matter. owell what can do people ar e and always will be hateful i guess. all i know is that i have to wait till im done with any projects till i can post just to be safe, and its fustrating because i would love to show my work, i take pride in my work.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffscustomfab
    i also agree, i would love to share my knowledge and show how i do stuff but god it has me half afraid of posting anything on hear in fear that somebody would bitch and complain, and work that might only be half done be taken as a completed job and then look out you are a bad builder something in that matter. owell what can do people ar e and always will be hateful i guess. all i know is that i have to wait till im done with any projects till i can post just to be safe, and its fustrating because i would love to show my work, i take pride in my work.
    maybe you could wait till you finish and then show how the part/project progressed.