Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like some expert opinions on this orange Murcy 1 on Ebay.

Would like some expert opinions on this orange Murcy 1 on Ebay.

First of I am not thinking about buying it. As many of you know I am going to build a Murcy after I finish my current car and saw this one. Would like some Murcy expert opions on some points.....

-It looks to me to be a Murcy 1 kit, is that correct?

-Any ideas what is up with the extra body panel at the top of the windshield? Matter of fact, it looks to me in a couple of the picts that the windshield is COMPLETLY flat i.e. did they put plexiglass there? And if so....I don't think that is legal....and I am certian its not safe or attractive.

-Why does the roof look all wrong?

I know you guys will pick out alot more stuff I have noticed but won't list them all here. Again just thought I would throw this out there and let the wolves chew it up and try to learn what NOT to do on mine one day.

Thanks in advance,

michael

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300418246682
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Re: Would like some expert opinions on this orange Murcy 1 on Ebay.

It's a modified Murcy 1. One of the flaws of the G24/Murcy 1 is that the body is higher off the ground as it goes back, making it look like the rear end is jacked up. They've added a side skirt/ground effect to this car to solve that.

The roof on the Murcy 1 does look a little odd in my opinion. not quite sure why.

I think that filler panel was made so the flat windshield would fit. It's not legal if it's not safety glass (the kind with the plastic sheet between the glass).

Personally, I don't think it's a bad looking car. It's not accurate, at all, of course. I think the headlights/taillights blacked out makes it look cheap.

I wonder what all that orange is behind the wheels. Top looks all wrong. Wonder why they went this way.

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    It's a modified Murcy 1. One of the flaws of the G24/Murcy 1 is that the body is higher off the ground as it goes back, making it look like the rear end is jacked up. They've added a side skirt/ground effect to this car to solve that.

The roof on the Murcy 1 does look a little odd in my opinion. not quite sure why.

I think that filler panel was made so the flat windshield would fit. It's not legal if it's not safety glass (the kind with the plastic sheet between the glass).

Personally, I don't think it's a bad looking car. It's not accurate, at all, of course. I think the headlights/taillights blacked out makes it look cheap.
    Don't get me wrong, I would like to have it and change some stuff like the orange behind the wheels (I suspect to hide a not so great looking brakes etc), the pillar on the windshield, and the windshield itself. And I kind of like the side panel to correct the upward slope, it would have been even better if they could have somehow made it look like a Hamman after market kit that was put on the side. I agree about the black out effect on the lights, I am downloading the videos now to check them out.

I'd almost guarantee that the orange behind the wheels is to cover up wheel spacers, and tiny fiero brakes.

The good old Triangle G! ;D

I promise that thing is a money pit, its already got a 350 in it thats ticking so why bother putting on aftermarket brakes?.

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    I wonder what all that orange is behind the wheels. Top looks all wrong. Wonder why they went this way.
    To prevent Brake dust from getting on the wheels?

I still have fiero brakes with spacers on mine and people don't seem to notice. I think maybe because the wheels are black and have more spokes.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    I still have fiero brakes with spacers on mine and people don't seem to notice. I think maybe because the wheels are black and have more spokes.
    Nice car dratts1. Do you have a thread here with more pics? Do you have a top made for it>

michael

I am going to guess that windshield is nothing more than lexan or some other plastic. It is completely flat