Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DNA DASH

DNA DASH

hope you all like this!

Re: DNA DASH

hey j here are the door card and steering wheel pics hope you like them

The steering wheel is stock with centre modification new PU back carbon face dummy air bag and engine start that does work

the seats are standard stock MR2 seats just modified tops and new leather the pics here though dont have the dash pics in if you look at pics above you can see the dash kit the whole interior set up is designed like everything we try to do which is great quality and a simple fit

OMG!

Good job, DNA!

Let me kiss you dna ;D

This will be only rhd, right?

Last time I checked I was driving an left hand drive...........

dont get tooo carried away guys coz whatever you do to it it will always be an mr2 spyder.great work but it is what it is.................they all are!!!,

anyone who knows what they are lookin at would know imidiatley it aint cosha,so why bother?? hey just my take on it,from the outside a real nice lookin car,but all this interior stuff "just ont get it somehow"..

just to make sure so the gettin giddy gang dont get a posse rounded up and hunt me down,its great work but i just dont get it!!!!!!!!!

LOL, we still have free speech here in the US or at least for now. Your right, it is a MR2 and always will be. I do not think there is a single person on this forum that would not like to see one of theres on a different platform with some major hp.

I guess the best thing about driving one of these is telling people what is and watching there mouth drop. You see, 99.9% of the population have no clue what this forum is and are not into kit cars. So most and again I stress most people look at this car as if it was the real deal. The fact is we all are on here because we either like to create or admire those who create these cars (KIT CAR forum). John, you know building a kit-car is a blast and the satisfaction one gets after completing one is a great feeling. Never mind the great feeling one gets when he is driving it around town.

The power of creation is very satisfying. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.................

Quote Originally Posted by DNA Autoworks
    LOL, we still have free speech here in the US or at least for now. Your right, it is a MR2 and always will be. I do not think there is a single person on this forum that would not like to see one of theres on a different platform with some major hp.

I guess the best thing about driving one of these is telling people what is and watching there mouth drop. You see, 99.9% of the population have no clue what this forum is and are not into kit cars. So most and again I stress most people look at this car as if it was the real deal. The fact is we all are on here because we either like to create or admire those who create these cars (KIT CAR forum). John, you know building a kit-car is a blast and the satisfaction one gets after completing one is a great feeling. Never mind the great feeling one gets when he is driving it around town.

The power of creation is very satisfying. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.................
    Well I must say... well put.

Most would not know the difference. Many see 430's in magazine's and see the modified Mr2 up close and think it's the real deal. They are not like us, studying every stupid little screw so we can duplicate it. In the end I think it's just the satisfaction of being able to pull off an exact duplicate with stuff created in our garage. Not just adding a few logo's and some different upholstery to give the impression of a different brand of car. Back in the 80s and 90s their were many kit cars available that looked nice on the outside but when you looked inside you were disappointed to find a stock VW, Fiero or ? interior. Worse yet, they had plywood dashes covered with vinyl with the farmiller set of SW gauges set into it. It screemed KIT CAR! I think times are changing where the interiors should look just as good as the exterior. after all, If you admire a car to walk around it. What do most do? They look inside!!! am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Autoworks

Well I must say... well put.

Most would not know the difference. Many see 430's in magazine's and see the modified Mr2 up close and think it's the real deal. They are not like us, studying every stupid little screw so we can duplicate it. In the end I think it's just the satisfaction of being able to pull off an exact duplicate with stuff created in our garage. Not just adding a few logo's and some different upholstery to give the impression of a different brand of car. Back in the 80s and 90s their were many kit cars available that looked nice on the outside but when you looked inside you were disappointed to find a stock VW, Fiero or ? interior. Worse yet, they had plywood dashes covered with vinyl with the farmiller set of SW gauges set into it. It screemed KIT CAR! I think times are changing where the interiors should look just as good as the exterior. after all, If you admire a car to walk around it. What do most do? They look inside!!! am I wrong?
    Well said. You nailed me with the "plywood dashes covered with vinyl with the farmiller set of SW gauges". My Sterling came that way. One of the first things I did was to remove the plywood and replace it with real wood. Just that little detail changed the look of the interior. The funny thing now most people do not know what a Fiero interior looks like. Before I ripped the stock Fiero interior in my AD355 build, most people thought it was stock Ferrari. To us, that is just a joke.

Keep up the good work on your cars DNA. You are inspiring me to change what I am doing.

Thank you and "Yes" we have come a long ways. I admire and have the up-most respect for anyone willing to build (Builder or individual). I believe that most of your builders Extreme, DNA, DJones, Olando and many others have but allot of effort into the cars and believe all the cars look great. I will not pick apart someone else's effort and hard work.

Lets all build,build and build and have fun. They all are a blast to drive...................