Thread: New Shop here!

New Shop here!

Hey guys!

I'm new around these parts, although I've been lurking for a few weeks. I really don't want to step on anyones toes with this conversation, so if I'm out of line ( moderators ) please PM me.

You might not have heard of us, as we do not spend a lot on advertising, but I work for a shop named Auto Addictions in Rochester Hills, MI. We've been able to stay around by word of mouth from our loyal customers and friends. We've been around since 2002 and we specialize in custom fabrication. We've built everything from kit cars to custom sand rails. We have qualified body and engine tech's in our 12,000 sq ft. shop, along with an in house dynomometer.

Basically, I wanted to join after lurking to extend a helping hand to anyone that might need it. It's not easy to find a shop that custom fabricates / tig welds / etc. for a reasonable price,  and that will not just give you the run around. I know this because I haven't always worked here, I've had A LOT of bad experiences with shops, these guys I work with are truly amazing at what they do, and customer satisfaction is their number one concern.

So if anyone needs help with anything, from mechanical advice, to custom fabrication, or even just suggestions and ideas, please feel free to get in contact, I will do my best to help you out!

Thanks for reading!
    -Joshua Stephenson @ Auto Addictions

Re: New here!

Sweet! Thanks for the offer and glad to turn a lurker into a fully fledged contributor!
    With offers like that I'm sure you will have your work cut out!
    I've a question... What adhesive have you used to bond grp panels in the past? I ha some with my DNA kit but it seems to have expired!
    Also have you got any photos of your work? Being mostly guys here, we tend to like pretty things to look at
    Munky

Thanks!

I'll get some pictures of some of the work we have done!

Hi, welcome aboard. Do you have a website where potential customers can browse?
    How far away are you from the Canadian border?
    Thanks.

Re: New Shop here!

Absolutely!

Our website is:
    www.addictsracing.com

And our custom fabrication parts website:
    www.Boostthatbitch.com

Unfortunately, we do not have any of our kit car pictures / info up there at the moment, it's mostly just our parts website. If anyone wants to purchase something from the website, just PM me, I'll give you a discounted price.

I'll try to find some of our Fiero to Lambo conversions we've done, I just have to back track on 4 different computers to try to find them. :-[

We are located about 30 minutes north of Detroit off I-75, if that gives you a round about distance from the border!

Welcome to the forums!

Great sites, i've got them marked for some ideas when we start our next project!

You should make a custom kit for the toyota MR2 MK3. Its the donor DNA kits use and that little motor could use all the pickup it could get!!

Quote Originally Posted by escaperoute
    Welcome to the forums!

Great sites, i've got them marked for some ideas when we start our next project!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by splne1
    You should make a custom kit for the toyota MR2 MK3. Its the donor DNA kits use and that little motor could use all the pickup it could get!!
    We can custom make anything you need! What exactly are you looking for? Your post kind of left me a little lost.

In regards to custom building something to make the car faster, let me know your goals for the motor (What kind of power would you want to see?) and I can give you some idea's regarding turbo sizing / injector sizing / etc. And if you would be willing to bring your car to our shop, we could custom fab it, install it, and dyno tune the vehicle.