Thread: F355 hardtop

F355 hardtop

I was reading the latest issue of Forza today and saw an ad for removable hardtop for the F355. I'm not sure how close the Fiero F355 replica is to the real thing, you guys would know better then me but could the removable roof be used on a replica? Check out the site www.jetttops.com Click photos button to see more of the F355 top being made and close up shots. Looks pretty nice.

They mention they have them for the 348, 360 and soon 430 but they don't provide any images.

Re: F355 hardtop

? link didn't work for me?

it has 2 t's.

Jetttops.com

Sorry missed the extra t.

It looks like a cool idea though, I like it alot, if I were keeping my 355 I would consider this

Edit: Nevermind saw the price $9,995, wouldn't consider it anymore, but would love to have it

Its possible for it work but after seeing the retarded asking price of a replica 355 id rather go search for a salvaged 355 or Fiero and go from there. ;D

The idea is sound though. It looks nice and you get a hard top when you want that and a convertible wind in your hair when you want that.

For the kit industry, you could take the roof panel and sail panel pieces from Bartman and you can make your own with some refitting of the bottom and windshield portions. I have the header for the convertibles so you take that and same locking mechanisms you use for a convertible and then sort out some fastening pieces for the rear window/sail panel portions.

For those that want a removable hard top, it can certainly be done. The only thing for the hard top would be that Bartman's molds would be from the AD which were taken from the original Ferrari so the sail panel areas would be different on anyone's that wasn't from Bartman. I know my sail panel sections are different than the AD ones.

It is fiberglass though so anything can be done just how much time and effort you want to put in.

Again, looks nice though.

Cheers
    Don

Edit: Fixed the fat fingers problem noted below in the thread.....

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

There was a company who sold a similar system for the boxter at a ridiculous price. Looked great! Gennadi makes a top for the murci roadster at more than double that price too. Suppliers think that they are dealing with deep pockets because of the car and know that they have a unique product that even the car manufacturer doesn't have. I see the same thing when I go into a marine supply store. Hardware that is identical to a regular hardware store going for twice the price. In the case of the murci top of course they are dealing with a limited market. It's too bad that my top builder isn't making one for a real murci. He would have a lot bigger and deeper pocked market.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    The idea is sound though. It looks nice and you get a hard top when you want that and a convertible wind in your hair when you want thwat.
    Was that a slip of the finger in the "h" or the "w"? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by no8
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    The idea is sound though. It looks nice and you get a hard top when you want that and a convertible wind in your hair when you want thwat.
    Was that a slip of the finger in the "h" or the "w"? ;D
    Thanks. I needed that. I laughed for 5 minutes.