Thread: PONTIAC TOJAN SOLD AT BARRET JACKSON 06/25/10

PONTIAC TOJAN SOLD AT BARRET JACKSON 06/25/10

A Pontiac Tojan came up for sale tonight at the Barrett Jackson auction on Speed. I didn't catch the sale price because I was too busy searching the 'net like a freakin' mad man to see how I could have possibly gotten it mixed up with the Pontiac Machiavelli. Speed was good enough to read my email about the Tojan only to correct me - it wasn't the Tojan but the Machiavelli car company that Philip Michael Thomas from Miami Vice was part owner of. Has anybody else here read that Tubbs was part owner of the company that made the Tojan? I finally found an article that made it clear that I am an idiot ;D But I could swear that I had read, more than once, that Tubbs was part owner of the Tojan company (I mean, I know my head is full of useless info but come on). I did find some pictures of the Machiavelli. That thing looks worse than the purple and pink Ford Probe sitting on blocks a couple of miles from here - and yes, I do live waaaayyyy out in the country, or Redneck Heaven as I think of my little slice of North Carolina :

Re: PONTIAC TOJAN SOLD AT BARRET JACKSON 06/25/10

Oh yes the Pontiac Tojan! its a wannabe Ferrari Testarossa. ;D

I remember one selling back in 2002 with a highly modified LT1 motor and it ran very good, I think it was a 10.2 or something like that in the 1/4mile.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    Oh yes the Pontiac Tojan! its a wannabe Ferrari Testarossa. ;D

I remember one selling back in 2002 with a highly modified LT1 motor and it ran very good, I think it was a 10.2 or something like that in the 1/4mile.

Good thing the TR looked nothing like these.. ;D

It was its own design that was Italian inspired, but nothing like the replica based cars..

G-d please help us all..

Finally found some photos of the Machiavelli. I think the pictures speak for themselves...

And a shot of the rear...

And this looks like it's probably a "factory" demo car. So I guess if you pulled out all the stops and threw enough money at it to choke a Miami Vice coke dealer you'd wind up with something kinda nice.