Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with Gallardo's?

Whats the deal with Gallardo's?

I have been waiting for a gallardo kit to come out but it seems as everyone is staying away from that?why is this?.I know there are one or two overseas but getting that to canada would be tricky and risky and besides it seems like they build the kit and only offer 12 or 16 or whatever?lol that makes no cense,who turns down customers or money ?.Either way is it a lost cause to find one?or should i look at other options?.

I wonder if it is because everyone wants lambos with scissor doors??or mabye because the real ones can be had just under 100k?.Mind you i want a spyder they are a bit more.

I guess that is my rant for today.....would like to hear some opinions on this.

Re: Whats the deal with Gallardo's?

because it will take $60k and 3+ years to build a nice one. and in 3 years gallardos will only be $60k so its not worth it.

And i thought the purpose of kit cars is to build them for much less then real ones.Do you honestly think in 3 more years you will be able to buy gallardos for that price?i berley see diablos near 60 k and they like 20 years old.there is also the maintenance to think about.60 k seems like alot if your building it yourself...mind you you would have one hell of a car...i see lots of 60 k kits turnkey.Thats the cool thing about these cars you get whatever you want to put into it.

Yes but you have to consider resale, It doesnt make since to build it cause you can get gallardos now for 80k if you look patiently, which leaves me a 20k buffer if i expect to own the car 5 years no one is gonna give me anything close to what i have in it

That makes cense...i find with most high end replicas one will never recoup there initial investment,nowhere near.If gallardos dropped to 50 - 60k for a real on i would buy.They have been around a few years now and they have depreciated a bit ...but still makes me wonder where it will stop and level out...it may be a baby lambo but still it is a lambo.I have been browsing for a smashed one (well lightly smashed).On ebay now there is 2 diablos for good prices one body damage on the side and another requiring an engine and interior,i think that one was priced high.I am sure the right gallardo may show up....but it is risky as light damage on pictures (ebay / whatever) may end up being a tweaked frame.

I personally think the LP640 is such a better looking car the Gallardo that there's no market for it. An accurate Gallardo (coupe) build is going to be just as expensive and time consuming as an LP640, so why not going for the bigger, more expensive, more exotic model? It's like buying a Camaro instead of a Corvette at the same price.

Check Copart.com for wrecked gallardos. Before you buy though, check out maintenance costs - an oil change or brake job can cost thousands, not to mention the engine rebuilds scheduled every 25000 miles. Resell value is lower if you don't follow the scheduled maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    I personally think the LP640 is such a better looking car the Gallardo that there's no market for it. An accurate Gallardo (coupe) build is going to be just as expensive and time consuming as an LP640, so why not going for the bigger, more expensive, more exotic model? It's like buying a Camaro instead of a Corvette at the same price.

Check Copart.com for wrecked gallardos. Before you buy though, check out maintenance costs - an oil change or brake job can cost thousands, not to mention the engine rebuilds scheduled every 25000 miles. Resell value is lower if you don't follow the scheduled maintenance.
    I agree with the first part, however, that last part is just plain incorrect. If you read on LamboPower or Lamborghini-Talk you'll find lots of high mile Gallardos (80,000 miles+) that have required minimal maintenance. They are actually a very well built and reliable car. There's no need to spread misinformation even if it is for the sake of promoting kit cars.

Tom

guys as you will all know im building one and ive gotta say itsa real pain todo,no doubt about it,
    also you will have read on several occasions when even as a gallardo rep builder ive stated the resale value of factory cars is in freefall so it cannot make any sense at all to spend best part of half the value a real one can be had for on a rep build
    hey ive been slated for it/abusive replies for it/you name it ive had it but the plain truth is ive actually seen/driven and even thought of buying a sub 50k gallardo here in the uk that even had the improved gen 3 clutch onboard,sure it was cheap coz it wasnt the best but it was real.i posted the car and the ad on my build thread if anyone doubts it,but turned my back on the cars for several reasons,but the best reason i can find is 0ver 7200 gallardos have been built by lamborghini,its the most popular and most manufactured car lambo have ever sold...and its still sellin!!!!as a result its hardly ever going to be rare in supercar terms now is it!!,look on ebay at parts,they are everywhere guys,rear lights for 150 per pair,wheels,body parts ,sure some dicks think they have gold in their hands but hey they never sell the stuff ,realistic parts at realistist prices are also a by product of a highly numbered produced supercar

im spending less than 13k on my exact gallardo build and it will be on the rd for less than that..hey lots of wheelin and dealin in bits to keep the cost down and claw some money back but its a true figure based on true information....its still too much in my opinion anyhow but hey the car will look ok."not perfect" but ok,and after all when i sell it i "should"??just about get my money back??

stupid money spent on stupid builds when the factory cars are now making stupidly low money is frankly................wel STUPID i guess "imo",i guess some wil argue but based upon FACTS by bringing these arguments to the table all they make themselves look is...whats the word??stupid!!yep thats the one
    goodluck all
    john

real gallardos can now be bought for 60k. just like early 91 or so diablos for 60k. but remember the older the lambo model, the more expensive to repair. as said before these old diablos are money pitts. i saw in person many early and late model diablos and gallardos. i personally think the late diablos look much wider and aggressive than the gallardos. but if your buying a real one the gallardo has the much updated tech. so it will be alot less to maintain than any diablo. it really doesnt make sense to build a gallardo, to get an exact one built by a professional would costs around 100k. but to build it yourself to be exact. would still costs you around 50k just for all of the parts and bits here and there. they add up really quick indeed.

Ok so for the most part it is as i thought.......it does not make cense to build one compared to just buying one used as it will be about the same cost.But it still would be possible to build one for alot less with some sweat and blood / not exact and still the average person would not know.

@ alpina-ferrari Thats one thing i have never understood why people bash people's build's...If someone wants to build a viper replica for 5k less then a real one why not?if they want to have the challenge and experience of building one then go for it.It may not be my cup of tea but it is someone's passion.

The gallardo is a cool daily driver........the v12 lambos are not as friendly to daily drivers based on size and maintenance.The gallardo is much easier to rip around in and get "parked".When i first got a chance at the lambo dealer in Las Vagas to see the gallardo i was pleasently suprised.

Anyone know of a gallardo that needs work??or mabye one that has the powertrain dropped out?.