Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone give me names to trusted Murcielago replica builders

Can anyone give me names to trusted Murcielago replica builders

I'm new to the kitcar bug, And every time I find a company that promises everything that I want, somone will have a good reason not to build a car with them.
    So I'm starting from the other direction, CAN somone give me a name/s of any company that they have delt with, or that they know has a good name which builds space frame chassis/ fibre glass kits/ and a bit of advise for a first time builder.
    PS I wont settle for less than 5.7Lt of fun.

Puppy

Re: Can anyone give me names to trusted Murcielago replica builders

Hey Sick, Welcome. Man you are gonna have a very hard time finding a builder IMHO for a murc turn-key. Now if you like the Vendetta we can help.

http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/murci/index.html

The only issue is Extreme is not well known for timely responses/jobs or good customer service. They are based in the U.K.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

i think you should get a use chassis ( from ebay or one of the forums ) no engine, set it up like you want , susp, rims & tires ,big brakes Dual radiators , get the body last ,not sure if this is for a coupe or roadster body .. having a chassis will get you in the game ,there,s several people on here that could help you get to this stage ,be sure to set dead lines for completion of each stage of the chassis
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Setting deadlines doesn't mean anything in this industry. The word 'deadline' has two different meanings in the kit car world vs. the real world.

Raj

True ,i agree ,most of the builders are hobbies an have full time jobs ,families, bills

guys how much would it cost him to get good used 5.7 engine ,trans , axles , wiring with radiators an exhaust , & labor ....installed in the back of a fiero chassis ,be realistic so we all know what range this will put his build in
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

always buy used with cash in person that way you cant get screwed, This is the best chassis your gonna find. I suggest you buy it and take it to your local hotrod shop to have them install a ls1
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...#ht_1313wt_955

I agree with Greenmeansgo , All the pre lim work is done THIS IS A SUPERIOR SHORT CUT TO GETTING ON THE ROAD FAST !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    always buy used with cash in person that way you cant get screwed, This is the best chassis your gonna find. I suggest you buy it and take it to your local hotrod shop to have them install a ls1
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...#ht_1313wt_955
    LSx FTW!

Franco Gagliardi at www.gagliardidesign.com is the only builder I've seen produce as promised. He was the one we commissioned to build our car (Vendetta) and the whole transaction was very good. While he does have his own custom car (Vendetta) he has built other Lambos including a black Diablo for a movie, the name of which escapes me right now. I'm sure if you chatted with him about your needs he would be able to accommodate.

Tom