Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: How much is a 308 replica worth?

  1. #1

    How much is a 308 replica worth?

    I am thinking about investing in a 308 that is for sale locally, how much could I get out of it.

    Here's roughly how it would be described when I would be done with it
    -84 Fiero V6
    -308 Body
    -Sunroof
    -Mileage unknown
    -Runs Good
    -Stock redone interior
    -New paint

    Roughly how much could I get if I wanted a quick sale?

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Re: How much is a 308 replica worth?

    From what I've seen on Ebay, I'd guess from 7-10K. Just my 2 cents though...

    Are you sure it's an 84 V6? The 84's did not have a v6 from the factory- they were all 4 cylinders.

  3. #3

    Re: How much is a 308 replica worth?

    Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    From what I've seen on Ebay, I'd guess from 7-10K. Just my 2 cents though...

    Are you sure it's an 84 V6? The 84's did not have a v6 from the factory- they were all 4 cylinders.
    Not entirely sure, I think it's swapped, but the owner may not know much about car's and it could be a 4cyl. I would be hoping to get $5-6k out of it, is the possible?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,637

    Re: How much is a 308 replica worth?

    You might be able to get that based on how well the kit was installed, the paint quailty, rims etc. This wouldn't be a quick sale though. Maybe with a v8 or 3800 add in an interior and then maybe 7-10k. Based on what you described I would think it would be in the 3-5k range with 3k being closer for a quick sale. Just my opinion...

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Re: How much is a 308 replica worth?

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Came accross this add a week ago.

    http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/1816677704.html
    This is the email I recieved from this guy when I emailed him a few days ago. Its a scam

    "Hi there!

    I apologize for answering so late. I had to leave urgently on a business trip so I didn't get the chance to reply.

    I am emailing to let you know that the 1980 Ferrari 308 GTSi is still available. I could not get the deal done because the buyer did not get his loan approved. I am still interested to sell and I am willing to let it go for less as long as we get this done faster.

    I have also attached a few pictures of the car.

    Let me know if you are still interested. Thank you!"

  7. #7
    Senior Member VF1Skullangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: How much is a 308 replica worth?

    Under 5k.

  8. #8

    Re: How much is a 308 replica worth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
    You might be able to get that based on how well the kit was installed, the paint quailty, rims etc. This wouldn't be a quick sale though. Maybe with a v8 or 3800 add in an interior and then maybe 7-10k. Based on what you described I would think it would be in the 3-5k range with 3k being closer for a quick sale. Just my opinion...
    I would be repainting it, cleaning up the rims (they are 308 rep wheels, or possibly real 308 wheels) And the motor would be rebuilt along with alot of other componets. I just have a new mechanic and would like to give him this project and test him out, and make a buck or two off the car. I would be getting it for around $2500 in this cond (http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/z...y/fiero%20kit/)

  9. #9

    Re: How much is a 308 replica worth?

    As much at it pains me to say this, if you want to flip it then the best bet is painting it like you are going to do. Shinny cars sell well to non car builders more than anything else. As for the price. My SWAG (Scientific wild a$$ guess) would be between $5k - $10k. The truth is the marketing is more important than the product. If the car looked very good and you parked it in front of a mall or someplace where people who could by it go, would be perfect.

  10. #10

    Re: How much is a 308 replica worth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    As much at it pains me to say this, if you want to flip it then the best bet is painting it like you are going to do. Shinny cars sell well to non car builders more than anything else. As for the price. My SWAG (Scientific wild a$$ guess) would be between $5k - $10k. The truth is the marketing is more important than the product. If the car looked very good and you parked it in front of a mall or someplace where people who could by it go, would be perfect.
    Love the swag brastic

    And yes I am going to paint it, fix all cracks/damages, and install the stock interior in (after repainting/cleaning it) I will also go through the engine A-Z and rebuild everything needed to rebuild

Similar Threads

  1. What is this car worth?
    By redhammer in forum General Kitcar Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 09:19 AM
  2. Worth $20K????
    By sactodreamer in forum General Kitcar Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 04:10 AM
  3. What is a 308 replica worth these days?
    By MadMechanic in forum The Mall
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 10:31 AM
  4. How much is this worth??
    By sactodreamer in forum The Mall
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 08:00 AM
  5. What do you think this is worth?
    By Wholf in forum General Kitcar Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 08:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •