Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FERRARI POLICE

FERRARI POLICE

I keep reading, and hearing, that Ferrari lawyers regularly bring infringement actions against those involved in producing Ferrari replicas. Does anyone know if these actions are directed at manufactures only. Or do they seek out one-off builders, or even those having purchased a turn-key??

Re:FERRARI POLICE

In the past it was only the manufacturers, then it became the builders of the turn-keys, and lately they are trying to nail even the customers or purchasers of the bodies. Theres really no legal way to hit the purchasers though, they are just doing it as a scare tactic. I can get some more info in a few weeks when Im at the plant.

Quote Originally Posted by eacreations
    In the past it was only the manufacturers, then it became the builders of the turn-keys, and lately they are trying to nail even the customers or purchasers of the bodies. Theres really no legal way to hit the purchasers though, they are just doing it as a scare tactic. I can get some more info in a few weeks when Im at the plant.
    As far as I can tell, with my site, i do not make, build your even cary 1 kit piece. My listings are private sellers, no different than placing a classified ad in the paper. Only difference is, I recover my cost through the seller in the selling price.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

I heard of a case where a private owner listed his replica for sale on a site and Ferrari threatened to sue the owner of the site if he didn't remove it.
    Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

I know of one guy personally that built the car for himself, not to sell... just to own. The "Italian Mafia" tried to stop him then tired to force him to destroy the car and not finish it. Finally, the settled on having an agreement signed that he would never produce any parts or other replicas ever again. In fact, they even tried to get him snookered into violating the agreement if he ever sold the car he had built... ever.

I guess they have nothing better to do.

So sad.

DKOV -

Anyone listing a ferrari kit or car for sale on e-bay will get
    thier ad removed by ferrari's lawyers,if you list and the ad's pulled,it's a free listing for a few days,thats all it takes for them to make e-bay drop your ad,pretty tough when it was the kit cars that brought all the attention to the ferrari's in
    the early 80's and drove up all the prices,it's still the same people that can afford them now they just pay more,the
    daytona coupe we used to make our molds we boughtin 84
    for 28,000,after fresh paint etc after making the molds it
    brought 46,000,six months after miami vice came on the air it
    was worth 150,00,and likewise the price of most ferraris went up.the whole mess only hurt the ferrari lovers everywhere!!!!

here in the uk the pratice of sueing everyone/thing under the sun does'nt exists really(not like the usa) but ferrari have caught up with a few people here but just warned them.they don't like you advertising your kits with badges so most of the company's black them out in there adverts...this thread has a particular intrest as i got my kit very cheap,ferrari went after the man who first produced the 355 kit in the uk,he sold the whole lot to a major company producing ferrari kits but kept one for himself just incase,he had no advertising / web site nothing to do with production,anything. in the end unfortunatly he comitted suicide and his wife just wanted the kit out of her sight.2 companys at the time were quite prominate in selling ferrari replicas but nothing happened to them.

Ferrara or Lambroghini (and all the others) can threten most any web sight that sell new or used kits that show there name or emblems (as far as I know, thats only cars for sale)But you can legally use a play on words 4*rar*E.The kit car manufacturers who have been around a while know what thay can get away with legally.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

maby as a joke or to make a point, someone with a replica should try to charge Ferrari with a cost for advertising.These kits do no harm to there business, they only help.The way I see it, any replica owner can't afford the real thing and others seeing the car who can afford one from Ferrari, justmay have there interest sparked enough to concider purchasing one.All in all it is a very petty game for such a compeny to play, when in all reality NO kit or replica can compete with the real deal.

Just my opinion.

yes i agree Keith,

It would make sence if the kit car industry can team up with the Big boys of the exotic kit industry. But than im reminded of something else. Factory Five Racing produces Cobras in mass production correct? like i hear something like they sell like close to 15 kits each week or something like that. Are they in co-ordination with Carol Shelby, or Ford Motors. ? or are they just fortunate not to have any one up their rear-ends?

Marcello