Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Corson #25

Corson #25

I bought a Corson 512bb to keep my F40 company. I've always liked the Corsons and Aldinos so when this Corson showed up on eBay an hour and a half from my home town, it was time for a look see. I was surprised by the quality of the Corson body and it has one of Rob's 355 interiors. This car is built on an 86 Fiero SE, has been well maintained and the price was right. Here are some photos I downloaded when it was on eBay.

Too late in the season to put it on the road, so it will be keeping company with the F40 and Mera this winter in storage. In the mean time I will put together a list of "TO DOES" for next spring.
    Last edited by mera308gts; 08-30-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Re: Corson #25

Nice purchase - saw that too on e-bay - very nicely built car.

Very nice find !

One of the things on the to do list should be to lower it, especially in the rear.

Do that and it will look totally awesome.

That is one clean car. Good find. It is always nice to see a car goto the proper owner. Take care of her.

Quote Originally Posted by exoticse

One of the things on the to do list should be to lower it, especially in the rear.
    I would leave her high - pure 80's look

I vote lower too. A matter of personal taste obviously.

WOW! Great find. What a beauty! You are a lucky (blessed) man.
    I vote (as if we had a say in the matter at all ) leave it up high for the OEM look.

Congratulations!!!!!! Seriously, that is one sweet car. Being a single dad I have zero extra finances for a toy right now but a Corson has always been at the top of my personal wish list. Kit Car magazine did an article on the Corson back in the day and I was absolutely blown away. I sent Corson my 10 or 20 bucks for their info pack and got back an envelope with a letter outlining the specs for the car, along with a bunch of loose 35mm pictures of the cars - both the coupe and the spyder (which came with a removable hard top, tan in the photos). I wish I still had them!! The fit and finish, according to Kit Car (who marveled over the finished underside of the panels and the inner fender liners), was amazing and the photos I received were simply beautiful. The Corsons rank right up there with the Meras, above them actually, IMHO. You see one pop up from time to time on ebay and every time I'm just as blown away as I was the first time I saw them for the first time in Kit Car. Apparently Corson Motor Company was the real deal, unlike so many of the "fly-by-night" kit companies that littered the ad pages of Kit Car at the time. It's a real shame Ferrari shut them down. But just by taking one look at their cars you can see why they did.

Sorry guys for the long post. But the Corsons are worth the space. Again, congratulations on your new Ferrari! Enjoy it dude, I know I would!!!!!!!!!

Wow! That is a stunning car, normally not my cup of tea as I'm more of a F40/Testarossa Ferrari guy but that car is so well done I can see why you had to have it! ;D The interior is what really does it with that one, talk about the full package I am sure you will keep even the purist guessing! You are aquiring quite the stable!

Matt

Thanks for the comments. I noticed the tires too, it has B F Goodrich Radial T/A's front: P225 / 60 R15 and rear: P245 / 60 R15. We all know how hard it is to find 15" tires these days. The Ferrari 512bb uses Pirelli P7 front: 225 / 50 VR15 and rear: 345 / VR15. I think a lower profile of 50 would be better than the 60's as to me the 60's look like truck tires. I can get the Pirelli tires but at a cost of about $2K for a set of four. I need to find out what the Aldino's are running for wheels and tires. Aldino pictured below has a better tire profile.

Last edited by mera308gts; 08-30-2017 at 11:09 AM.